BA7401 International Business Management Notes Anna University
BA7401 INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
BA7401 International Business Management Notes, To expose the students to the basic concepts of international business management
UNIT I INTRODUCTION 6
International Business –Definition – Internationalizing business-Advantages –factors causing globalization of business- international business environment – country attractiveness –Political, economic and cultural environment – Protection Vs liberalization of global business environment.
UNIT II INTERNATIONAL TRADE AND INVESTMENT 11
Promotion of global business – the role of GATT/WTO – multilateral trade negotiation and agreements – VIII & IX, round discussions and agreements – Challenges for global business – global trade and investment – theories of international trade and theories of international investment – Need for global competitiveness – Regional trade block – Types – Advantages and disadvantages – RTBs across the globe – brief history.
UNIT III INTERNATIONAL STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT 11
Strategic compulsions-Standardization Vs Differentiation – Strategic options – Global portfolio management- global entry strategy – different forms of international business – advantages – organizational issues of international business – organizational structures – controlling of international business – approaches to control – performance of global business- performance evaluation system.
UNIT IV PRODUCTION, MARKETING, FINANCIAL AND HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT OF GLOBAL BUSINESS 11
Global production –Location –scale of operations- cost of production – Make or Buy decisions – global supply chain issues – Quality considerations- Globalization of markets, marketing strategy – Challenges in product development , pricing, production and channel management- Investment decisions – economic- Political risk – sources of fund- exchange –rate risk and management – strategic orientation – selection of expatriate managers- Training and development –compensation.
UNIT V CONFLICT MANAGEMENT AND ETHICS IN INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS MANAGEMENT 6
Disadvantages of international business – Conflict in international business- Sources and types of conflict – Conflict resolutions – Negotiation – the role of international agencies –Ethical issues in
- Charles W.I. Hill and Arun Kumar Jain, International Business, 6th edition, Tata Mc Graw Hill, New Delhi, 2010.
- John D. Daniels and Lee H. Radebaugh, International Business, Pearson Education Asia, New Delhi, 2000.
- K. Aswathappa, International Business, 5th Edition, Tata Mc Graw Hill, New Delhi, 2012.
- Michael R. Czinkota, Ilkka A. Ronkainen and Michael H. Moffet, International Business, 7thEdition , Cengage Learning, New Delhi, 2010.
- Rakesh Mohan Joshi, International Business, Oxford University Press, New Delhi, 2009.
- Vyuptakesh Sharan, International Business, 3rd Edition, Pearson Education in South Asia,New Delhi, 2011.