CE6306 SOM 2marks-16marks
Anna University Regulation 2013 Mech CE6306 SOM 2marks 16marks for all 5 units and MECH 3rd SEM CE6306 STRENGTH OF MATERIALS Short answers, Question Bank are listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
CE6306 STRENGTH OF MATERIALS QUESTION BANK
UNIT IV DEFLECTION OF BEAMS
PART-A (2 Marks)
- State the condition for the use of Macaulay’s method.
- What is the maximum deflection in a simply supported beam subjected to uniformly distributed load over the entire span?
- What is crippling load? Give the effective length of columns when both ends hinged and when both ends fixed.
- Find the critical load of an Euler’s column having 4 m length, 50 mm x 100 mm cross section and hinged at both the ends E = 200 kn/mm2.
- Calculate the maximum deflection of a simply supported beam carrying a point load of 100 KN at mid span. Span = 6 m, E= 20000 kn/m2.
6. A cantilever beam of spring 2 m is carrying a point load of 20 kn at its free end. Calculate the slope at the free end. Assume EI = 12 x 103 KNm2.
7. Calculate the effective length of a long column, whose actual length is 4 m when : a. Both ends are fixed b. One end fixed while the other end is free.
- A cantilever is subjected to a point load W at the free end. What is the slope and deflection at the free end?
- What are the methods for finding out the slope and deflection at a section?
- Why moment area method is more useful, when compared with double integration?
- Explain the Theorem for conjugate beam method?
- What are the points to be worth for conjugate beam method?
- What are the different modes of failures of a column?
- Write down the Rankine formula for columns.
- What is effective or equivalent length of column?
- Define Slenderness Ratio.
- Define the terms column and strut.
- What are the advantages of Macaulay method over the double integration method, for finding the slope and deflections of beams?
- State the limitations of Euler’s formula 3
- A cantilever beam of spring 4 m is carrying a point load of 2×10 Nat its free end. Calculate the slope at the free end. Assume EI = 2X105N/mm2
CE6306 SOM Unit 1 2marks & 16marks – Download Here
CE6306 SOM Unit 2 2marks & 16marks – Download Here
CE6306 SOM Unit 3 2marks & 16marks – Download Here
CE6306 SOM Unit 4 2marks & 16marks – Download Here
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For CE6306 SOM Previous Year Question Papers – Click here
For CE6306 SOM Important Questions/Answer Key – Click here
For CE6306 SOM Lecture Notes – Click here
Anna University 3rd SEM MECH SOM 2marks 16 marks
CE6306 STRENGTH OF MATERIALS question bank free download
Anna University MECH SOM short answers Regulation 2013
CE6306 2marks, SOM Unit wise short answers – MECH 3rd Semester