CE6451 FMM 2marks-16marks
Anna University Regulation 2013 Mech CE6451 FMM 2marks & 16marks for all 5 units & MECH 3rd SEM CE6451 FLUID MECHANICS AND MACHINERY Short answers, Question Bank are listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
CE6451 FLUID MECHANICS AND MACHINERY QUESTION BANK
SUBJECT NAME: FLUID MECHANICS AND MACHINERY
UNIT I- INTRODUCTION
PART – A ( 2 Marks )
01. Why are some fluids classified as Newtonian fluid? Give examples to Newtonian fluids.(NOV’2)
- What is specific gravity? How is it related to density? (Apr’08)
- Define the term pressure .What are its units? (Dec’05)
- State Pascal’s law? (Dec’05 & Dec’08)
- What is meant by stagnation pressure?
- What is the difference between gauge pressure and absolute pressure?
- Define compressibility and viscosity of a fluid?
- State the Newton’s law of viscosity?
- What is viscosity? What is the cause of it in liquids and in gases?
- What is the effect of temperature on viscosity of water and that of air?
- Define capillarity?
- Explain the effect of property of capillarity
- Express 3m of water head in cm of mercury and pressure in Kpa?
- What are the three major assumptions made in the derivation of the Bernoulli’s equation?(Apr’03)
- Mention any three applications of bernouills equation? (Apr’05)
PART-B ( 16 Marks )
- Find the height through which water rises by capillary action in a 2mm bore, if surface tension at the prevailing temp is 0.075g/cm (APR-03)
- Calculate the capillary rise in glass tube of 3mm dia when immersed in mercury take the surface tension and angle of contact of mercury as 0.52N/m and 1300 respectively .Also determine the minimum size of the glass tube, if it is immersed in water, given that the surface tension of water is 0.0725N/m and the capillary rise in the tube is not to exceed 0.5mm.(NOV-03)
CE6451 FMM Unit 1 2marks & 16marks – Download Here
CE6451 FMM Unit 2 2marks & 16marks – Download Here
CE6451 FMM Unit 3 2marks & 16marks – Download Here
CE6451 FMM Unit 4 2marks & 16marks – Download Here
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For CE6451 FMM Previous Year Question Papers – Click here
For CE6451 FMM Important Questions/Answer Key – Click here
For CE6451 FMM Lecture Notes – Click here
Anna University 3rd SEM MECH FMM 2marks 16 marks
CE6451 FLUID MECHANICS AND MACHINERY question bank free download
Anna University MECH FMM short answers Regulation 2013
CE6451 2marks, FMM Unit wise short answers – MECH 3rd Semester