CE6451 FMM Question Papers
Anna University Regulation 2013 MECH CE6451 FMM Question Papers for previous years is provided below. Previous Year Question Papers for MECH 3rd SEM CE6451 Fluid Mechanics Machinery are listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
Anna University Regulation 2013 Electrical & Electronic Engineering (MECH) 3rd SEM CE6451 FMM -Fluid Mechanics Machinery Syllabus
CE6451 FLUID MECHANICS AND MACHINERY L T P C 3 0 0 3
To understand the importance of various types of flow in pumps and turbines.
UNIT I FLUID PROPERTIES AND FLOW CHARACTERISTICS 8
Hydraulic and energy gradient – Laminar flow through circular conduits and circular annuli-Boundary layer concepts – types of boundary layer thickness – Darcy Weisbach equation –friction factor- Moody diagram- commercial pipes- minor losses – Flow through pipes in series and parallel.
UNIT III DIMENSIONAL ANALYSIS 9
Need for dimensional analysis – methods of dimensional analysis – Similitude –types of similitude – Dimensionless parameters- application of dimensionless parameters – Model analysis.
UNIT IV PUMPS 10
Impact of jets – Euler’s equation – Theory of roto-dynamic machines – various efficiencies– velocity components at entry and exit of the rotor- velocity triangles – Centrifugal pumps– working principle – work done by the impeller – performance curves – Reciprocating pump- working principle – Rotary pumps –classification.
UNIT V TURBINES 10
Classification of turbines – heads and efficiencies – velocity triangles. Axial, radial and mixed flow turbines. Pelton wheel, Francis turbine and Kaplan turbines- working principles – work done by water on the runner – draft tube. Specific speed – unit quantities – performance curves for turbines – governing of turbines.
TOTAL: 45 PERIODS
- Upon completion of this course, the students can able to apply mathematical knowledge to predict the properties and characteristics of a fluid.
- Can critically analyse the performance of pumps and turbines.TEXT BOOK:
1. Modi P.N. and Seth, S.M. “Hydraulics and Fluid Mechanics”, Standard Book House, New Delhi 2004.
- Streeter, V. L. and Wylie E. B., “Fluid Mechanics”, McGraw Hill Publishing Co. 2010
- Kumar K. L., “Engineering Fluid Mechanics”, Eurasia Publishing House(p) Ltd., New Delhi2004
- Robert W.Fox, Alan T. McDonald, Philip J.Pritchard, “Fluid Mechanics and Machinery”, 2011.
- Graebel. W.P, “Engineering Fluid Mechanics”, Taylor & Francis, Indian Reprint, 2011
CE6451 FMM Question Papers– Download Here
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
CE6451 FMM Question Papers
Anna University 3rd SEM MECH FMM Question Papers with answers
CE6451 Fluid Mechanics Machinery previous year question papers free download
Anna University MECH FMM old question papers Regulation 2013
CE6451 Question Papers with answers, FMM previous year question bank – MECH 3rd Semester