CE6502 FE 2marks
Anna University Regulation 2013 CIVIL CE6502 FE 2marks & 16marks for all 5 units are provided below. CE6502 FE Short answers, Question Bank for FOUNDATION ENGINEERING are listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
2 MARKS QUESTIONS & ANSWERS 16 MARKS QUESTIONS
1. What are components of total foundation settlement?
elastic settlement, consolidation settlement, secondary consolidation settlement
2. What are the types of shear failure?
general shear failure, local shear failure, punching shear failure
3. What are assumptions in Terzaghi’s bearing capacity theory? – the base of the footing is rough
– the load on footing is vertical and uniformly distributed
– the footing is continuous
4. List out the methods of computing elastic settlements? based on the theory of elasticity, Pressure meter method, Janhu –Bjerram method, Schmentmann’s method
5. What are the limitation of Terzaghi’s analysis?
– As the soil compresses, pi changes slight down ward movement of footing may
not develop fully the plastic zones
– Error due to assumption that the resultant passive pressure consists of three
components is small
6. Define ultimate bearing capacity?
gross pressure at the base of the foundation at which the soil fails in shear is called ultimate bearing capacity.
7. Define net ultimate bearing capacity ?
Net pressure increase in pressure at the base of the foundation that causes failure
in shear, is called as net ultimate bearing capacity
8. Define allowable bearing capacity?
It is the net loading intensity at which neither the soil fails in shear nor there is
excessive settlement detrimental to the structure
9. Write the expression for correction due to dilatancy submergence?
Ne = 15 + ( No-15 )
10.What are the requirements for a stable foundation?
-must be safe from failure
-must be properly located
-must not settle or deflect sufficiently to damage the structure or impair its usefulness.
11. What are the factors which depends depth?
Type of soil, size of structure, magnitude of loads, environmental conditions, etc
12 .Define net pressure intensity ?
It is the excess pressure, of the gross pressure after the construction of the structure
and the original overburden pressure.
CE6502 FE All Units 2marks & 16marks – Download Here
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For CE6502 FE Previous Year Question Papers – Click here
For CE6502 FE Important Questions/Answer Key – Click here
For CE6502 FE Lecture Handwritten Notes – Click here
CE6502 FE 2marks
Anna University 5th SEM CIVIL FE 2marks 16 marks
CE6502 FOUNDATION ENGINEERING question bank free download
Anna University CIVIL FE short answers Regulation 2013
CE6502 2marks, FE Unit wise short answers – CIVIL 5th Semester