CE6504 HE Notes
Anna University Regulation 2013 CIVIL CE6504 HE Notes, HIGHWAY ENGINEERING I Lecture Handwritten Notes for all 5 units are provided below. Download link for CIVIL 5th SEM CE6504 HIGHWAY ENGINEERING I Lecture Handwritten Notes are listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
CE6504- HIGHWAY ENGINEERING
The roads can be classified in many ways. The classification based on speed and accessibility is the most generic one. Note that as the accessibility of road increases, the speed reduces.Accordingly, the roads can be classified as follows in the order of increased accessibility and reduced speeds.
- Freeways: Freeways are access-controlled divided highways. Most freeways are four lanes, two lanes each direction, but many freeways widen to incorporate more lanes as they enter urban areas. Access is controlled through the use of interchanges, and the type of interchange depends upon the kind of intersecting road way (rural roads, another freeway etc.)
- Expressways: They are superior type of highways and are designed for high speeds (120 km/hr is common), high traffic volume and safety. They are generally provided with grade separations at intersections. Parking, loading and unloading of goods and pedestrian traffic is not allowed on expressways.
- Highways: They represent the superior type of roads in the country. Highways are of two types – rural highways and urban highways. Rural highways are those passing through rural areas (villages) and urban highways are those passing through large cities and towns, ie. urban areas.
- Arterials: It is a general term denoting a street primarily meant for through traffic usually on a continuous route. They are generally divided highways with fully or partially controlled access. Parking, loading and unloading activities are usually restricted and regulated. Pedestrians are allowed to cross only at intersections/designated pedestrian crossings.
- Local streets: A local street is the one which is primarily intended for access to residence, business or abutting property. It does not normally carry large volume of traffic and also it allows unrestricted parking and pedestrian movements.
- Collector streets: These are streets intended for collecting and distributing traffic to and from local streets and also for providing access to arterial streets. Normally full access is provided on these streets . There are few parking restrictions except during peak hours.
CE6504 HE Unit 1 notes – Download Here
CE6504 HE Unit 2 notes – Download Here
CE6504 HE Unit 3 notes – Download Here
CE6504 HE Unit 4 notes – Download Here
CE6504 HE Unit 5 notes – Download Here
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For CE6504 HE Previous Year Question Papers – Click here
For CE6504 HE Question Bank/2marks 16marks with answers – Click here
For CE6504 HE Important Questions/Answer Key – Click here
CE6504 HE Notes
Anna University 5th SEM CIVIL HE Lecture Handwritten Notes
CE6504 HIGHWAY ENGINEERING I Notes free download
Anna University CIVIL HE Notes Regulation 2013
CE6504 Notes, HE Unit wise Lecture Handwritten Notes – CIVIL 5th Semester