Anna University Regulation 2013 Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) CS6007 IR old Question Papers for previous years are provided below. Download link for CSE 7th SEM CS6007 Information Retrieval Previous Year Question Papers are listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
Anna University Regulation 2013 Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) 7th SEM CS6007 IR -Information Retrieval Syllabus
CS6007 INFORMATION RETRIEVAL L T P C 3 0 0 3
The Student should be made to:
x Learn the information retrieval models.
x Be familiar with Web Search Engine.
x Be exposed to Link Analysis.
x Understand Hadoop and Map Reduce.
x Learn document text mining techniques.
UNIT I INTRODUCTION 9
Introduction -History of IR- Components of IR – Issues –Open source Search engine Frameworks – The impact of the web on IR – The role of artificial intelligence (AI) in IR – IR Versus Web Search – Components of a Search engine- Characterizing the web.
UNIT II INFORMATION RETRIEVAL 9
Boolean and vector-space retrieval models- Term weighting – TF-IDF weighting- cosine similarity – Preprocessing – Inverted indices – efficient processing with sparse vectors – Language Model based IR – Probabilistic IR –Latent Semantic Indexing – Relevance feedback and query expansion.
UNIT III WEB SEARCH ENGINE – INTRODUCTION AND CRAWLING 9
Web search overview, web structure, the user, paid placement, search engine optimization/ spam. Web size measurement – search engine optimization/spam – Web Search Architectures – crawling – meta-crawlers- Focused Crawling – web indexes –- Near-duplicate detection – Index Compression – XML retrieval.
UNIT IV WEB SEARCH – LINK ANALYSIS AND SPECIALIZED SEARCH 9
Link Analysis –hubs and authorities – Page Rank and HITS algorithms -Searching and Ranking – Relevance Scoring and ranking for Web – Similarity – Hadoop & Map Reduce – Evaluation – Personalized search – Collaborative filtering and content-based recommendation of documents and products – handling “invisible” Web – Snippet generation, Summarization, Question Answering, CrossLingual Retrieval.
UNIT V DOCUMENT TEXT MINING 9
Information filtering; organization and relevance feedback – Text Mining -Text classification and clustering – Categorization algorithms: naive Bayes; decision trees; and nearest neighbor – Clustering algorithms: agglomerative clustering; k-means; expectation maximization (EM).
TOTAL: 45 PERIODS
Upon completion of the course, students will be able to
- Apply information retrieval models.
- Design Web Search Engine.
- Use Link Analysis.
- Use Hadoop and Map Reduce.
- Apply document text mining techniques.
1. C. Manning, P. Raghavan, and H. Schütze, Introduction to Information Retrieval , Cambridge University Press, 2008.
2. Ricardo Baeza -Yates and Berthier Ribeiro – Neto, Modern Information Retrieval: The Concepts and Technology behind Search 2nd Edition, ACM Press Books 2011.
3. Bruce Croft, Donald Metzler and Trevor Strohman, Search Engines: Information Retrieval in Practice, 1st Edition Addison Wesley, 2009.
4. Mark Levene, An Introduction to Search Engines and Web Navigation, 2nd Edition Wiley, 2010.
1. Stefan Buettcher, Charles L. A. Clarke, Gordon V. Cormack, Information Retrieval: Implementing and Evaluating Search Engines, The MIT Press, 2010.
2. Ophir Frieder “Information Retrieval: Algorithms and Heuristics: The Information Retrieval Series “, 2nd Edition, Springer, 2004.
3. Manu Konchady, “Building Search Applications: Lucene, Ling Pipe”, and First Edition, Gate Mustru Publishing, 2008.
CS6007 IR Question Paper5– Download Here
CS6007 IR Unit 1 Question Bank– Download Here
CS6007 IR Unit 2 Question Bank – Download Here
CS6007 IR Unit 3 Question Bank – Download Here
CS6007 IR Unit 4 Question Bank – Download Here
CS6007 IR Unit 5 Question Bank – Download Here
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
Anna University 7th SEM CSE IR Question Papers with answers
CS6007 Information Retrieval previous year question papers free download
Anna University CSE IR old question papers Regulation 2013
CS6007 Question Papers with answers, IR previous year question bank – CSE 7th Semester