CS6302 DBMS Important Questions
Anna University Regulation 2013 CSE CS6302 DBMS Important Questions for all 5 units are provided below. Download link for CSE 3rd SEM CS6302 Database Management Systems Answer Key is listed down for students to make perfect utilisation and score maximum marks with our study materials.
1. What are the disadvantages of file processing system?
2. Explain the basic structure of a relational database with an example.
3. What do you mean by weak entity set?
4. Give example for one to one and one to many relationships.
5. What is the need of normalization?
6. Write a note on functional dependencies.
7. Who is a DBA? What are the responsibilities of a DBA?
8. What is a data model? List the types of data models used.
9. What are the components of storage manager?
10. What is a data dictionary?
11. What is an entity relationship model?
12. Define single valued and multi valued attributes.
13. What are stored, composite and derived attributes?
14. What is meant by the degree of relationship set?
15. Define weak and strong entity sets?
16. Explain the two type’s o f participation constraint.
17. Define the two levels of data independence.
18. Write down any two major responsibilities of a database administrator.
19. Define irreducible sets of dependencies.
20. Define the normal forms.
1. With a neat diagram, explain the structure of a DBMS.
2. What is data integrity? Explain the types of integrity constraints.
3. Explain 1NF, 2NF, 3NF and BCNF with suitable example.
4. What are the pitfalls in relational database design? With a suitable example, explain the role of functional dependency in the process of normalization.
5. Construct an E-R diagram for a car-insurance company whose customers own one or more cars each. Each car has associated with it zero to any number of recorded accidents. State any assumptions you make.
6. What is aggregation in an ER model? Develop an ER diagram using aggregation that captures the following information : Employees work for projects. An employee working for a particular project uses various machinery. A unnecessary attributes. State any options you make. Also discuss about the ER diagram you have designed.
7. With relevant examples discuss the various operations in Relational Algebras
8. Define a functional dependency. List and discuss the six inference rules for functional dependencies. Give relevant examples.
9. Explain the three different groups of data models with examples.
10. Discuss Join Dependencies and Fifth Normal Form, and explain why 5NF?
CS6302 DBMS All units Important Questions – Download Here
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For CS6302 DBMS Previous Year Question Papers – Click here
For CS6302 DBMS Question Bank/2marks 16marks with answers – Click here
For CS6302 DBMS Lecture Notes – Click here
Anna University 3rd SEM CSE DBMS Important Questions
CS6302 Database Management Systems Answer Key free download
Anna University CSE DBMS Important Questions Regulation 2013
CS6302 Answer Key, DBMS Unit wise Important Questions- CSE 3rd Semester