CS6303 CA Notes
Anna University Regulation 2013 Electronic Communications Engineering (ECE) CS6303 CA Notes for all 5 units are provided below. Download link for ECE 6th SEM CS6303 COMPUTER ARCHITECTURE Lecture Notes are listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
CS6303 – COMPUTER ARCHITECTURE
OVERVIEW & INSTRUCTIONS
Embedded Computer: Performs single function on a microprocessor
- Embedded within a product (e.g. microwave, car, cell phone)
- Objective: Low cost
- Increasingly written in a hardware description language, like Verilog or VHDL
- Processor core allows application-specific hardware to be fabricated on a single chip.Desktop Computer: Designed for individual use
Also called personal computer, workstation
Server: Runs large, specialized program(s)
- Shared by many users: more memory, higher speed, better reliability
- Accessed via a network using a request-response (client-server) interface
- Example: File server, Database server, Web serverSupercomputer: Massive computing resources and memory
- Hundreds to thousands of processors within single computer
- Terabytes of memory
- Program uses multiple processors simultaneously
- Rare due to extreme expense
- Applications: Weather forecasting, military simulations, etc. What types of applications are concerned about:
- Processing speed?
- Status registers provide status information to the CPU about the I/O device. These registers are often read-only, i.e. the CPU can only read their bits, and cannot change them.
- Configuration/control registers are used by the CPU to configure and control the device. Bits in these configuration registers may be write-only, so the CPU can alter them, but not read them back. Most bits in control registers can be both read and written.
- Data registers are used to read data from or send data to the I/O device.
CS6303 CA Unit – 1 notes – Download Here
CS6303 CA Unit – 2 notes – Download Here
CS6303 CA Unit – 3 notes – Download Here
CS6303 CA Unit – 4 notes – Download Here
CS6303 CA Unit – 5 notes – Download Here
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For CS6303 CA Previous Year Question Papers – Click here
For CS6303 CA Question Bank/2marks 16marks with answers – Click here
For CS6303 CA Important Questions/Answer Key – Click here
Anna University 6th SEM ECE CA Lecture Notes
CS6303 COMPUTER ARCHITECTURE Notes free download
Anna University ECE CA Notes Regulation 2013
CS6303 Notes, CA Unit wise Lecture Notes – ECE 6th Semester