CS6551 CN Syllabus
Anna University Regulation 2013 Computer Science Engineering (CSE) CS6551 CN Important Questions for all 5 units are provided below. Download link for CSE 4th SEM CS6551 COMPUTER NETWORKS Answer Key is listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
Anna University Regulation 2013 Computer Science Engineering (CSE)
4th SEM CS6551 CN-COMPUTER NETWORKS Syllabus
CS6551 CN Syllabus COMPUTER NETWORKS L T P C 3 0 0 3
The student should be made to:
- Understand the division of network functionalities into layers.
- Be familiar with the components required to build different types of networks Be exposed to the required functionality at each layer
- Learn the flow control and congestion control algorithms
UNIT II MEDIA ACCESS & INTERNETWORKING 9
Media access control – Ethernet (802.3) – Wireless LANs – 802.11 – Bluetooth – Switching and bridging – Basic Internetworking (IP, CIDR, ARP, DHCP,ICMP )
UNIT III ROUTING 9
Routing (RIP, OSPF, metrics) – Switch basics – Global Internet (Areas, BGP, IPv6), Multicast – addresses – multicast routing (DVMRP, PIM)
UNIT IV TRANSPORT LAYER 9
Overview of Transport layer – UDP – Reliable byte stream (TCP) – Connection management – Flow control – Retransmission – TCP Congestion control – Congestion avoidance (DECbit, RED) – QoS – Application requirements
UNIT V APPLICATION LAYER 9
Traditional applications -Electronic Mail (SMTP, POP3, IMAP, MIME) – HTTP – Web Services – DNS – SNMP
TOTAL: 45 PERIODS
At the end of the course, the student should be able to:
- Identify the components required to build different types of networks
- Choose the required functionality at each layer for given application
- Identify solution for each functionality at each layer
- Trace the flow of information from one node to another node in the networkTEXT BOOK:1. Larry L. Peterson, Bruce S. Davie, “Computer Networks: A Systems Approach”, Fifth Edition, Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, 2011.
- James F. Kurose, Keith W. Ross, “Computer Networking – A Top-Down Approach Featuring the Internet”, Fifth Edition, Pearson Education, 2009.
- Nader. F. Mir, “Computer and Communication Networks”, Pearson Prentice Hall Publishers, 2010.
- Ying-Dar Lin, Ren-Hung Hwang, Fred Baker, “Computer Networks: An Open Source Approach”,Mc Graw Hill Publisher, 2011.
- Behrouz A. Forouzan, “Data communication and Networking”, Fourth Edition, Tata McGraw – Hill,2011.
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For CS6551 CN Previous Year Question Papers – Click here
For CS6551 CN Question Bank/2marks 16marks with answers – Click here
For CS6551 CN Important Questions/Answer Key – Click here
For CS6551 CN Lecture Notes – Click here
Anna University 4th SEM CSE CN Syllabus
CS6551 COMPUTER NETWORKS Syllabus free download
Anna University CSE CN Syllabus Regulation 2013
CS6551 Syllabus, CN Unit wise Syllabus – CSE 4th Semester