EC6702 OCN 2marks
Anna University Regulation 2013 ECE EC6702 OCN 2marks & 16marks for all 5 units are provided below. EC6702 OCN Short answers, Question Bank for Optical Communication Networks Engineering are listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING
1. A point sorce of ligth is 12 cm below the surface of a large body of water (n = 1.33). What is the radius of the largest circle on the water surface through whichthe light can emerge?
2. Consider a parabolic index waveguide with n1=1.75 , n2 = 1.677 and core radius 25 micro meter. Calculate the numerical aperture at the axis and at a point 20 micro meter from the axis
3. Define numerical aperture of a step index fiber
4. Define mode-field diameter
5. Commonly available single mode fibers have beat lengths in the range 10 cm < Lp <2 m . What range of refractive index diffrences does this correspond to? (for wavelength = 1300 nm)
6. Define mode field diameter
7. What is the fundamental parameter of a single mode fiber?
8. A step index fiber has a normalized frequency V = 26.6 at 1300 nm wavelength. If the core radius is 25 pm, find the numerical aperture
9. (i) Discuss the signal distortion in single mode fibers (ii) Discuss pulse broadening in graded index fibers with necessary equations
10. (i)Discuss the propagation modes in single-mode fiber
(ii) Discuss the structure of graded index fiber
11. (i) What is meant by ‘material dispersion’? Derive its expression
(ii) Discuss the pulse broadening in graded index fibers
12. (a) What are fiber modes? Explain mode theory for optical fibers in detail. Or
(b) Compare Single mode fibers and Graded index fibers. Explain the requirements for fiber materials.
13. Write the expression for the effective number of modes guided by a curved multimode fiber of radius ‘a’
14. Define normalized propagation constant
15. Give expression for the effective number of modes guided by a curved multimode fiber
16. What are the causes of absorption
17. Find the coupling loss for two fibers having core refractive index profiles alpha E = 2.0 and alpha R = 1.5 .
18. What causes mode coupling
19. Mention the two causes of intra-modal dispersion.
20. Define fiber loss.
EC6702 OCN Unit 1 2marks & 16marks – Download Here
EC6702 OCN Unit 2 2marks & 16marks – Download Here
EC6702 OCN Unit 4 2marks & 16marks – Download Here
EC6702 OCN All Units Short Questions – Download Here
EC6702 OCN All Units Question Bank – Download Here
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For EC6702 OCN Previous Year Question Papers – Click here
For EC6702 OCN Important Questions/Answer Key – Click here
For EC6702 OCN Lecture Handwritten Notes – Click here
EC6702 OCN 2marks
Anna University 7th SEM ECE OCN 2marks 16 marks
EC6702 Optical Communication Networks Engineering question bank free download
Anna University ECE OCN short answers Regulation 2013
EC6702 2marks, OCN Unit wise short answers – ECE 7th Semester