EC6712 OPTICAL MICROWAVE Lab Syllabus
Anna University Regulation 2013 Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) EC6712 OPTICAL MICROWAVE LAB Syllabus for all experiments is provided below. Download link for ECE 7th SEM EC6712 OPTICAL MICROWAVE Lab Syllabus is listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
Anna University Regulation 2013 Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) 7th SEM EC6712 OPTICAL MICROWAVE LAB-OPTICAL MICROWAVE Lab Syllabus
EC6712 OPTICAL AND MICROWAVE LABORATORY L T P C 0 0 3 2
The student should be made to:
1. Understand the working principle of optical sources, detector, fibers and microwave components
2. Develop understanding of simple optical communication link.
3. Learn about the characteristics and measurements in optical fiber
4. Know about the behavior of microwave components.
5. Practice microwave measurement procedures
LIST OF EXPERIMENTS
1. DC Characteristics of LED and PIN Photo diode
2. Mode Characteristics of Fibers
3. Measurement of connector and bending losses
4. Fiber optic Analog and Digital Link- frequency response(analog) and eye diagram (digital)
5. Numerical Aperture determination for Fibers 6. Attenuation Measurement in Fibers
1. Reflex klystron or Gunn diode characteristics and basic microwave parameter measurement such as VSWR, frequency, wavelength.
2. Directional Coupler Characteristics.
3. Radiation Pattern of Horn Antenna.
4. S-parameter Measurement of the following microwave components (Isolator, Circulator, E plane Tee, H Plane Tee, Magic Tee)
5. Attenuation and Power Measurement
TOTAL: 45 PERIODS
LIST OF EQUIPMENT FOR A BATCH OF 30 STUDENTS 3 STUDENTS PER EXPERIMENT:
1. Trainer kit for carrying out LED and PIN diode characteristics, Digital multi meter, optical power meter. – 2 Nos
2. Trainer kit for determining the mode characteristics, losses in optical fiber.- 2 Nos
3. Trainer kit for analyzing Analog and Digital link performance, 2 Mbps PRBS Data source, 10 MHz signal generator, 20 MHz Digital storage Oscilloscope. – 2 Nos
4. Kit for measuring Numerical aperture and Attenuation of fiber – 2 Nos
5. MM/SM Glass and plastic fiber patch chords with ST/SC/E2000 connectors – 2 set
6. LEDs with ST / SC / E2000 receptacles – 650 / 850 nm – 2 set
7. PiN PDs with ST / SC / E2000 receptacles – 650 / 850 nm – 2 set
8. Microwave test Bench at X band to determine Directional coupler characteristics. – 2 Nos
9. Microwave test Bench at X band and Antenna turn table to measure Radiation pattern of Horn antenna, 2 Horn antennas. – 2 Nos
10. Microwave test Bench at X band to determine VSWR for Isolator and Circulator, VSWR meter, Isolator, Circulator, E Plane Tee, H plane Tee. – 2 Nos
11. Microwave test Bench at X band, Variable attenuator, Detector and 20 MHz Digital / Analog Oscilloscope. – 2 Nos
Microwave test bench comprises of Reflex klystron or Gunn diode with power supply, Gunn oscillator, PIN modulator, Isolator, Fixed and Variable Attenuator, frequency meter, Slotted section, Wave guides, detector with mount, Termination, Movable short, Slide screw tuner, Horn antenna, Directional coupler and 20 MHz Digital / Analog Oscilloscope.
At the end of the course, the student should be able to:
Analyze the performance of simple optical link.
Test microwave and optical components.
Analyse the mode characteristics of fiber
Analyse the radiation of pattern of antenna
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For EC6712 OPTICAL MICROWAVE Lab Manual download – Click here
Anna University 7th SEM ECE OPTICAL MICROWAVE LAB Syllabus
EC6712 OPTICAL MICROWAVE Lab Syllabus free download
Anna University ECE OPTICAL MICROWAVE LAB Syllabus Regulation 2013
EC6712 Syllabus, OPTICAL MICROWAVE LAB experiment wise Syllabus – ECE 7th Semester