EC8353 EDC Syllabus
Anna University Regulation 2017 EEE EC8353 EDC Syllabus for all 5 units are provided below. Download link for EEE 3RD SEM EC8353 ELECTRON DEVICES AND CIRCUITS Engineering Syllabus is listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
Anna University Regulation 2017 ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING (EEE) 3RD SEM EC8353 EDC – ELECTRON DEVICES AND CIRCUITS Engineering Syllabus
EC8353 ELECTRON DEVICES AND CIRCUITS ENGINEERING L T P C 3 0 0 3
The student should be made to:
- Understand the structure of basic electronic devices.
- Be exposed to active and passive circuit elements.
- Familiarize the operation and applications of transistor like BJT and FET.
- Explore the characteristics of amplifier gain and frequency response.
- Learn the required functionality of positive and negative feedback systems.
UNIT I PN JUNCTION DEVICES
PN junction diode –structure, operation and V-I characteristics, diffusion and transition capacitance –
Rectifiers – Half Wave and Full Wave Rectifier,– Display devices- LED, Laser diodes, Zener
diodecharacteristics- Zener Reverse characteristics – Zener as regulator
UNIT II TRANSISTORS AND THYRISTORS
BJT, JFET, MOSFET- structure, operation, characteristics and Biasing UJT, Thyristors and IGBT –
Structure and characteristics.
UNIT III AMPLIFIERS
BJT small signal model – Analysis of CE, CB, CC amplifiers- Gain and frequency response –MOSFET
small signal model– Analysis of CS and Source follower – Gain and frequency response- High
UNIT IV MULTISTAGE AMPLIFIERS AND DIFFERENTIAL AMPLIFIER
BIMOS cascade amplifier, Differential amplifier – Common mode and Difference mode analysis – FET
input stages – Single tuned amplifiers – Gain and frequency response – Neutralization methods,
power amplifiers –Types (Qualitative analysis).
UNIT V FEEDBACK AMPLIFIERS AND OSCILLATORS
Advantages of negative feedback – voltage / current, series , Shunt feedback –positive feedback –
Condition for oscillations, phase shift – Wien bridge, Hartley, Colpitts and Crystal oscillators.
TOTAL: 45 PERIODS
Upon Completion of the course, the students will be ability to:
- Explain the structure and working operation of basic electronic devices.
- Able to identify and differentiate both active and passive elements
- Analyze the characteristics of different electronic devices such as diodes and
- Choose and adapt the required components to construct an amplifier circuit.
- Employ the acquired knowledge in design and analysis of oscillators
- . David A. Bell ,”Electronic devices and circuits”, Oxford University higher education, 5th
- Sedra and smith, “Microelectronic circuits”,7th Ed., Oxford University Press
- Balbir Kumar, Shail.B.Jain, “Electronic devices and circuits” PHI learning private limited, 2nd edition
- Thomas L.Floyd, “Electronic devices” Conventional current version, Pearson prentice hall, 10th
- Donald A Neamen, “Electronic Circuit Analysis and Design” Tata McGraw Hill, 3rd Edition, 2003.
- Robert L.Boylestad, “Electronic devices and circuit theory”, 2002.
- Robert B. Northrop, “Analysis and Application of Analog Electronic Circuits to Biomedical
Instrumentation”, CRC Press, 2004.
To Download Syllabus – Click here
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For EC8353 EDC Previous Year Question Papers – Click here
For EC8353 EDC Question Bank/2marks 16marks with answers – Click here
For EC8353 EDC Important Questions/Answer Key – Click here
For EC8353 EDC Lecture Handwritten Notes – Click here
EC8353 EDC Syllabus
Anna University 3RD SEM EEE EDC Syllabus
EC8353 ELECTRON DEVICES AND CIRCUITS Engineering Syllabus free download
Anna University EEE EDC Syllabus Regulation 2017
EC8353 Syllabus, EDC Unit wise Syllabus – EEE 3RD Semester