EE6351 EDC Syllabus
Anna University Regulation 2013 Mechanical Engineering (MECH) EE6351 EDC Important Questions for all 5 units are provided below. Download link for MECH 3rd SEM EE6351 ELECTRICAL DRIVES AND CONTROL Answer Key is listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
Anna University Regulation 2013 Mechanical Engineering (MECH)
3rd SEM EE6351 CA-ELECTRICAL DRIVES AND CONTROL Syllabus
EE6351 ELECTRICAL DRIVES AND CONTROL L T P C 3 0 0 3
- To understand the basic concepts of different types of electrical machines and their performance.
- To study the different methods of starting D.C motors and induction motors.
- To study the conventional and solid-state drives
UNIT I INTRODUCTION 8
Basic Elements – Types of Electric Drives – factors influencing the choice of electrical drives – heating and cooling curves – Loading conditions and classes of duty – Selection of power rating for drive motors with regard to thermal overloading and Load variation factors
UNIT II DRIVE MOTOR CHARACTERISTICS 9
Mechanical characteristics – Speed-Torque characteristics of various types of load and drive motors – Braking of Electrical motors – DC motors: Shunt, series and compound – single phase and three phase induction motors.
UNIT III STARTING METHODS 8
Types of D.C Motor starters – Typical control circuits for shunt and series motors – Three phase squirrel cage and slip ring induction motors.
UNIT IV CONVENTIONAL AND SOLID STATE SPEED CONTROL OF D.C. DRIVES 10
Speed control of DC series and shunt motors – Armature and field control, Ward-Leonard control system – Using controlled rectifiers and DC choppers –applications.
UNIT V CONVENTIONAL AND SOLID STATE SPEED CONTROL OF A.C. DRIVES 10
Speed control of three phase induction motor – Voltage control, voltage / frequency control, slip power recovery scheme – Using inverters and AC voltage regulators – applications.
TOTAL: 45 PERIODS
• Upon Completion of this subject, the students can able to explain different types of electrical machines and their performance
- Vedam Subrahmaniam, “Electric Drives (Concepts and Applications”, Tata McGraw-Hill, 2001
- Nagrath .I.J. & Kothari .D.P, “Electrical Machines”, Tata McGraw-Hill, 1998
- Pillai.S.K “A First Course on Electric Drives”, Wiley Eastern Limited, 1998
- Singh. M.D., K.B.Khanchandani, “Power Electronics”, Tata McGraw-Hill, 1998
- Partab. H., “Art and Science and Utilisation of Electrical Energy”, Dhanpat Rai and Sons, 1994
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For EE6351 EDC Previous Year Question Papers – Click here
For EE6351 EDC Question Bank/2marks 16marks with answers – Click here
For EE6351 EDC Important Questions/Answer Key – Click here
For EE6351 EDC Lecture Notes – Click here
Anna University 3rd SEM MECH EDC Syllabus
EE6351 ELECTRICAL DRIVES AND CONTROL Syllabus free download
Anna University MECH EDC Syllabus Regulation 2013
EE6351 Syllabus, EDC Unit wise Syllabus – MECH 3rd Semester