EE6501 PSA Question Papers
Anna University Regulation 2013 EEE EE6501 PSA Question Papers for previous years are provided below. Previous Year Question Papers for EEE 5th SEM EE6501 Power System Analysis are listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
Anna University Regulation 2013 Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE) 5th SEM EE6501 PSA -Power System Analysis Syllabus
EE6501 POWER SYSTEM ANALYSIS L T P C 3 0 0 3
• To model the power system under steady state operating condition.
• To apply numerical methods to solve the power flow problem.
• To model and analyze the system under faulted conditions.
• To model and analyze the transient behaviour of power system when it is subjected to
• a fault.
UNIT I INTRODUCTION 9
Need for system planning and operational studies – basic components of a power system.-Introduction to restructuring – Single line diagram – per phase and per unit analysis – Generator – transformer – transmission line and load representation for different power system studies.- Primitive network – construction of Y-bus using inspection and singular transformation methods – z-bus.
UNIT II POWER FLOW ANALYSIS 9
Importance of power flow analysis in planning and operation of power systems – statement of power flow problem – classification of buses – development of power flow model in complex variables form – iterative solution using Gauss-Seidel method – Q-limit check for voltage controlled buses – power flow model in polar form – iterative solution using Newton-Raphson method .
UNIT III FAULT ANALYSIS – BALANCED FAULTS 9
Importance of short circuit analysis – assumptions in fault analysis – analysis using Thevenin’s theorem – Z-bus building algorithm – fault analysis using Z-bus – computations of short circuit capacity, post fault voltage and currents.
UNIT IV FAULT ANALYSIS – UNBALANCED FAULTS 9
Introduction to symmetrical components – sequence impedances – sequence circuits of synchronous machine, transformer and transmission lines – sequence networks analysis of single line to ground, line to line and double line to ground faults using Thevenin’s theorem and Z-bus matrix.
UNIT V STABILITY ANALYSIS 9
Importance of stability analysis in power system planning and operation – classification of power system stability – angle and voltage stability – Single Machine Infinite Bus (SMIB) system: Development of swing equation – equal area criterion – determination of critical clearing angle and time – solution of swing equation by modified Euler method and Runge-Kutta fourth order method.
TOTAL : 45 PERIODS
• Ability to understand and analyze power system operation, stability, control and protection.
1. Nagrath I.J. and Kothari D.P., ‘Modern Power System Analysis’, Tata McGraw-Hill, Fourth Edition, 2011.
2. John J. Grainger and W.D. Stevenson Jr., ‘Power System Analysis’, Tata McGraw-Hill, Sixth reprint, 2010.
3. P. Venkatesh, B.V. Manikandan, S. Charles Raja, A. Srinivasan, ‘ Electrical Power Systems- Analysis, Security and Deregulation’, PHI Learning Private Limited, New Delhi, 2012.
1. Hadi Saadat, ‘Power System Analysis’, Tata McGraw Hill Education Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi, 21st reprint, 2010.
2. Kundur P., ‘Power System Stability and Control, Tata McGraw Hill Education Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi, 10th reprint, 2010.
3. Pai M A, ‘Computer Techniques in Power System Analysis’, Tata Mc Graw-Hill Publishing Company Ltd., New Delhi, Second Edition, 2007.
4. J. Duncan Glover, Mulukutla S. Sarma, Thomas J. Overbye, ‘ Power System Analysis & Design’, Cengage Learning, Fifth Edition, 2012.
5. Olle. I. Elgerd, ‘Electric Energy Systems Theory – An Introduction’, Tata McGraw Hill Publishing Company Limited, New Delhi, Second Edition, 2012.
6. C.A.Gross, “Power System Analysis,” Wiley India, 2011.
EE6501 PSA Question Paper5– Download Here
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For EE6501 PSA Question Bank/2marks 16marks with answers – Click here
For EE6501 PSA Important Questions/Answer Key – Click here
For EE6501 PSA Lecture Handwritten Notes – Click here
EE6501 PSA question papers
Anna University 5th SEM EEE PSA Question Papers with answers
EE6501 Power System Analysis previous year question papers free download
Anna University EEE PSA old question papers Regulation 2013
EE6501 Question Papers with answers, PSA previous year question bank – EEE 5th Semester