EE6503 PE 2marks
Anna University Regulation 2013 EEE EE6503 PE 2marks & 16marks for all 5 units are provided below. EE6503 PE Short answers, Question Bank for Power Electronics are listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
1. Why IGBT is very popular nowadays?
a. Lower hate requirements
b. Lower switching losses
c. Smaller snubbed circuit requirements
2. What are the different methods to turn on the thyristor?
a. Forward voltage triggering
b. Gate triggering
c. dv/dt triggering
d. Temperature triggering
e. Light triggering
3. What is the difference between power diode and signal diode?
Power diode Signal diode
1. Constructed with n-layer, called drift region between p+ layer and n+ layer.Drift region is not present.
2. The voltage, current and power ratings are higher.Lower
3. Power diodes operate at high speeds. Operates at higher switching speed.
4. IGBT is a voltage controlled device. Why?
Because the controlling parameter is gate-emitter voltage.
5. Power MOSFET is a voltage controlled device. Why?
Because the output (drain) current can be controlled by gate-source voltage.
6. Power BJT is a current controlled device. Why?
Because the output (collector) current can be controlled by base current.
7. What are the different types of power MOSFET?
a. N-channel MOSFET
b. P-channel MOSFET
8. How can a thyristor turned off?
A thyristor can be turned off by making the current flowing through it to zero.
9. Define latching current.
The latching current is defined as the minimum value of anode current which it must attain during turn on process to maintain conduction when gate signal is removed.
10. Define holding current.
The holding current is defined as the minimum value of anode current below which it must fall to for turning off the thyristor.
11. What is a snubber circuit?
It consists of a series combination of a resistor and a capacitor in parallel with the thyristors. It is mainly used for dv / dt protection.
EE6503 PE Unit 1 2marks & 16marks – Download Here
EE6503 PE Unit 2 2marks & 16marks – Download Here
EE6503 PE Unit 3 2marks & 16marks – Download Here
EE6503 PE Unit 4 2marks & 16marks – Download Here
EE6503 PE All Units 2marks & 16marks – Download Here
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For EE6503 PE Previous Year Question Papers – Click here
For EE6503 PE Important Questions/Answer Key – Click here
For EE6503 PE Lecture Handwritten Notes – Click here
EE6503 PE 2marks
Anna University 5th SEM EEE PE 2marks 16 marks
EE6503 Power Electronics question bank free download
Anna University EEE PE short answers Regulation 2013
EE6503 2marks, PE Unit wise short answers – EEE 5th Semester