IC6501 CS Question Papers
Anna University Regulation 2013 EEE IC6501 CS Question Papers for previous years is provided below. Previous Year Question Papers for EEE 5th SEM IC6501 Control Systems are listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
Anna University Regulation 2013 Electrical & Electronics Engineering (EEE) 5th SEM IC6501 CS -Control Systems Syllabus
IC6501 CONTROL SYSTEMS L T P C 3 1 0 4
• To understand the use of transfer function models for analysis physical systems and introduce the control system components.
• To provide adequate knowledge in the time response of systems and steady state error analysis.
• To accord basic knowledge in obtaining the open loop and closed–loop frequency responses of systems.
• To introduce stability analysis and design of compensators
• To introduce state variable representation of physical systems and study the effect of state feedback
UNIT I SYSTEMS AND THEIR REPRESENTATION 9
Basic elements in control systems – Open and closed loop systems – Electrical analogy of mechanical and thermal systems – Transfer function – Synchros – AC and DC servomotors – Block diagram reduction techniques – Signal flow graphs.
UNIT II TIME RESPONSE 9
Time response – Time domain specifications – Types of test input – I and II order system response – Error coefficients – Generalized error series – Steady state error – Root locus construction- Effects of P, PI, PID modes of feedback control –Time response analysis.
UNIT III FREQUENCY RESPONSE 9
Frequency response – Bode plot – Polar plot – Determination of closed loop response from open loop response – Correlation between frequency domain and time domain specifications- Effect of Lag, lead and lag-lead compensation on frequency response- Analysis.
UNIT IV STABILITY AND COMPENSATOR DESIGN 9
Characteristics equation – Routh Hurwitz criterion – Nyquist stability criterion- Performance criteria – Lag, lead and lag-lead networks – Lag/Lead compensator design using bode plots.
UNIT V STATE VARIABLE ANALYSIS 9
Concept of state variables – State models for linear and time invariant Systems – Solution of state and output equation in controllable canonical form – Concepts of controllability and observability – Effect of state feedback.
TOTAL (L:45+T:15): 60 PERIODS
• Ability to understand and apply basic science, circuit theory, theory control theory Signal processing and apply them to electrical engineering problems.
1. M. Gopal, ‘Control Systems, Principles and Design’, 4th Edition, Tata McGraw Hill, New Delhi, 2012
2. S.K.Bhattacharya, Control System Engineering, 3rd Edition, Pearson, 2013.
3. Dhanesh. N. Manik, Control System, Cengage Learning, 2012.
1. Arthur, G.O.Mutambara, Design and Analysis of Control; Systems, CRC Press, 2009.
2. Richard C. Dorf and Robert H. Bishop, “ Modern Control Systems”, Pearson Prentice Hall, 2012.
3. Benjamin C. Kuo, Automatic Control systems, 7th Edition, PHI, 2010.
4. K. Ogata, ‘Modern Control Engineering’, 5th edition, PHI, 2012. StudentsFocus.com 61
5. S.N.Sivanandam, S.N.Deepa, Control System Engineering using Mat Lab, 2nd Edition, Vikas Publishing, 2012.
6. S.Palani, Anoop. K.Jairath, Automatic Control Systems including Mat Lab, Vijay Nicole/ Mcgraw Hill Education, 2013.
IC6501 CS Question Papers– Download Here
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For IC6501 CS Question Bank/2marks 16marks with answers – Click here
For IC6501 CS Important Questions/Answer Key – Click here
For IC6501 CS Lecture Handwritten Notes – Click here
IC6501 CS Question Papers
Anna University 5th SEM EEE CS Question Papers with answers
IC6501 Control Systems previous year question papers free download
Anna University EEE CS old question papers Regulation 2013
IC6501 Question Papers with answers, CS previous year question bank – EEE 5th Semester