Anna University Regulation 2013 Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) IT6801 SOA Syllabus for all 5 units are provided below. Download link for CSE 7th SEM IT6801 Service Oriented Architecture Syllabus is listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
Anna University Regulation 2013 Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) 7th SEM IT6801 SOA – Service Oriented Architecture Syllabus
IT6801 SERVICE ORIENTED ARCHITECTURE L T P C 3 0 0 3
The student should be made to:
x Learn XML fundamentals.
x Be exposed to build applications based on XML.
x Understand the key principles behind SOA.
x Be familiar with the web services technology elements for realizing SOA.
x Learn the various web service standards.
UNIT I INTRODUCTION TO XML 9
XML document structure – Well formed and valid documents – Namespaces – DTD – XML Schema – X-Files.
UNIT II BUILDING XML- BASED APPLICATIONS 9
Parsing XML – using DOM, SAX – XML Transformation and XSL – XSL Formatting – Modeling Databases in XML.
UNIT III SERVICE ORIENTED ARCHITECTURE 9
Characteristics of SOA, Comparing SOA with Client-Server and Distributed architectures – Benefits of SOA — Principles of Service orientation – Service layers.
UNIT IV WEB SERVICES 9
Service descriptions – WSDL – Messaging with SOAP – Service discovery – UDDI – Message Exchange Patterns – Orchestration – Choreography –WS Transactions.
UNIT V BUILDING SOA-BASED APPLICATIONS 9
Service Oriented Analysis and Design – Service Modeling – Design standards and guidelines — Composition – WS-BPEL – WS-Coordination – WS-Policy – WS-Security – SOA support in J2EE
TOTAL : 45 PERIODS
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to: x Build applications based on XML. x Develop web services using technology elements. x Build SOA-based applications for intra-enterprise and inter-enterprise applications.
1. Ron Schmelzer et al. “XML and Web Services”, Pearson Education, 2002.
2. Thomas Erl, “Service Oriented Architecture: Concepts, Technology, and Design”, Pearson Education, 2005.
1. Frank P.Coyle, “XML, Web Services and the Data Revolution”, Pearson Education, 2002
2. Eric Newcomer, Greg Lomow, “Understanding SOA with Web Services”, Pearson Education, 2005
3. Sandeep Chatterjee and James Webber, “Developing Enterprise Web Services: An Architect’s Guide”, Prentice Hall, 2004.
4. James McGovern, Sameer Tyagi, Michael E.Stevens, Sunil Mathew, “Java Web Services Architecture”, Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, 2003.
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For IT6801 SOA Previous Year Question Papers – Click here
For IT6801 SOA Question Bank/2marks 16marks with answers – Click here
For IT6801 SOA Important Questions/Answer Key – Click here
For IT6801 SOA Lecture Handwritten Notes – Click here
Anna University 7th SEM CSE SOA Syllabus
IT6801 Service Oriented Architecture Syllabus free download
Anna University CSE SOA Syllabus Regulation 2013
IT6801 Syllabus, SOA Unit wise Syllabus – CSE 7th Semester