ME6301 ET 2marks-16marks
Anna University Regulation 2013 Mechanical Engineering (MECH) ME6301 ET 2marks & 16marks for all 5 units are provided below. Download link for MECH 3rd SEM ME6301 ENGINEERING THERMODYNAMICS Short answers, Question Bank are listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
ME6301 ENGINEERING THERMODYNAMICS QUESTION BANK
Two mark questions and answers UNIT II
UNIT II SECOND LAW
1. Define Clausius statement.
It is impossible for a self-acting machine working in a cyclic process, to transfer heat from a body at lower temperature to a body at a higher temperature without the aid of an external agency.
2. What is Perpetual motion machine of the second kind?
A heat engine, which converts whole of the heat energy into mechanical work, is known as Perpetual motion machine of the second kind.
3. Define Kelvin Planck Statement. Nov / Dec 2009
It is impossible for a heat engine to produce network in a complete cycle if it exchanges heat only with bodies at a single fixed temperature.
4. Define Heat pump.
A heat pump is a device, which is working in a cycle and transfers heat from lower temperature to higher temperature.
5. Define Heat engine. Nov / Dec. 2011
Heat engine is a machine, which is used to convert the heat energy into mechanical work in a cyclic process.
6. What are the assumptions made on heat engine?
1. The source and sink are maintained at constant temperature.
2. The source and sink has infinite heat capacity.
7. State Carnot theorem. April / May 2011
It states that no heat engine operating in a cycle between two constant temperature heat reservoirs can be more efficient than a reversible engine operating between the same reservoirs. 8. What is meant by
8. What is meant by reversible process?
A reversible process is one, which is performed in such a way that at the conclusion of process, both system and surroundings may be restored to their initial state, without producing any changes in rest of the universe.
9. What is meant by irreversible process?
The mixing of two substances and combustion also leads to irreversibility. All spontaneous process is irreversible.
10. Explain entropy? Nov / Dec 2011
It is an important thermodynamic property of the substance. It is the measure of molecular disorder. It is denoted by S. The measurement of change in entropy for reversible process is obtained by the quantity of heat received or rejected to absolute temperature.
11. What is absolute entropy?
The entropy measured for all perfect crystalline solids at absolute zero temperature is known as absolute entropy.
12. Define availability. May / June 2009
The maximum useful work obtained during a process in which the final condition of the system is the same as that of the surrounding is called availability of the system.
13. Define available energy and unavailable energy. May / June 2012 Available energy is the maximum thermal useful work under ideal condition. The remaining part, which cannot be converted into work, is known as unavailable energy.
ME6301 ET Unit 1 2marks & 16marks – Download Here
ME6301 ET Unit 2 2marks & 16marks – Download Here
ME6301 ET Unit 3 2marks & 16marks – Download Here
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For ME6301 ET Previous Year Question Papers – Click here
For ME6301 ET Important Questions/Answer Key – Click here
For ME6301 ET Lecture Notes – Click here
Anna University 3rd SEM MECH ET 2marks 16 marks
ME6301 ENGINEERING THERMODYNAMICS question bank free download
Anna University MECH ET short answers Regulation 2013
ME6301 2marks, ET Unit wise short answers – MECH 3rd Semester