ME6302 MT1 Syllabus
Anna University Regulation 2013 Mechanical Engineering (MECH) ME6302 MT1 Important Questions for all 5 units are provided below. Download link for MECH 3rd SEM ME6302 MANUFACTURING TECHNOLOGY – I Answer Key is listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
Anna University Regulation 2013 Mechanical Engineering (MECH)
3rd SEM ME6302 MT1 – MANUFACTURING TECHNOLOGY – I Syllabus
ME6302 MANUFACTURING TECHNOLOGY – I L T P C 3 0 0 3
• To introduce the concepts of basic manufacturing processes and fabrication techniques, such as metal casting, metal joining, metal forming and manufacture of plastic components.
UNIT I METAL CASTING PROCESSES 9
Sand Casting : Sand Mould – Type of patterns – Pattern Materials – Pattern allowances –Moulding sand Properties and testing – Cores –Types and applications – Moulding machines– Types and applications; Melting furnaces : Blast and Cupola Furnaces; Principle of special casting processes : Shell – investment – Ceramic mould – Pressure die casting – Centrifugal Casting – CO2 process – Stir casting; Defects in Sand casting
Operating principle, basic equipment, merits and applications of : Fusion welding processes : Gas welding – Types – Flame characteristics; Manual metal arc welding – Gas Tungsten arc welding – Gas metal arc welding – Submerged arc welding – Electro slag welding; Operating principle and applications of : Resistance welding – Plasma arc welding – Thermit welding – Electron beam welding – Friction welding and Friction Stir Welding; Brazing and soldering; Weld defects: types, causes and cure.
UNIT III METAL FORMING PROCESSES 9
Hot working and cold working of metals – Forging processes – Open, impression and closed die forging – forging operations. Rolling of metals– Types of Rolling – Flat strip rolling – shape rolling operations – Defects in rolled parts. Principle of rod and wire drawing – Tube drawing – Principles of Extrusion – Types – Hot and Cold extrusion.
UNIT IV SHEET METAL PROCESSES 9
Sheet metal characteristics – shearing, bending and drawing operations – Stretch forming operations – Formability of sheet metal – Test methods –special forming processes-Working principle and applications – Hydro forming – Rubber pad forming – Metal spinning– Introduction of Explosive forming, magnetic pulse forming, peen forming, Super plastic forming – Micro forming
UNIT V MANUFACTURE OF PLASTIC COMPONENTS 9
Types and characteristics of plastics – Moulding of thermoplastics – working principles and typical applications – injection moulding – Plunger and screw machines – Compression moulding, Transfer Moulding – Typical industrial applications – introduction to blow moulding –Rotational moulding – Film blowing – Extrusion – Thermoforming – Bonding of Thermoplastics.
TOTAL: 45 PERIODS
• Upon completion of this course, the students can able to apply the different manufacturing process and use this in industry for component production
- Hajra Chouldhary S.K and Hajra Choudhury. AK., “Elements of workshop Technology”, volume I and II, Media promoters and Publishers Private Limited, Mumbai, 1997
- Kalpakjian. S, “Manufacturing Engineering and Technology”, Pearson Education India Edition, 2006
- Gowri P. Hariharan, A.Suresh Babu, “Manufacturing Technology I”, Pearson Education, 2008
- Roy. A. Lindberg, “Processes and Materials of Manufacture”, PHI / Pearson education, 2006
- Paul Degarma E, Black J.T and Ronald A. Kosher, “Materials and Processes, in
Manufacturing” Eight Edition, Prentice – Hall of India, 1997.
- Sharma, P.C., “A Text book of production Technology”, S.Chand and Co. Ltd., 2004.
- Rao, P.N. “Manufacturing Technology Foundry, Forming and Welding”, 2ndEdition, TMH-2003;
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For ME6302 MT1 Previous Year Question Papers – Click here
For ME6302 MT1 Question Bank/2marks 16marks with answers – Click here
For ME6302 MT1 Important Questions/Answer Key – Click here
For ME6302 MT1 Lecture Notes – Click here
Anna University 3rd SEM MECH MT1 Syllabus
ME6302 MANUFACTURING TECHNOLOGY – I Syllabus free download
Anna University MECH MT1 Syllabus Regulation 2013
ME6302 Syllabus, MT1 Unit wise Syllabus – MECH 3rd Semester