ME6501 CAD Syllabus
Anna University Regulation 2013 Mechanical Engineering (MECH) ME6501 CAD Important Questions for all 5 units are provided below. Download link for MECH 5th SEM ME6501 COMPUTER AIDED DESIGN Answer Key is listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
Anna University Regulation 2013 Mechanical Engineering (MECH)
5th SEM ME6501 CAD – COMPUTER AIDED DESIGN Syllabus
• To provide an overview of how computers are being used in mechanical component design
UNIT I FUNDAMENTALS OF COMPUTER GRAPHICS 9
Product cycle- Design process- sequential and concurrent engineering- Computer aided design – CAD system architecture- Computer graphics – co-ordinate systems- 2D and 3D transformations- homogeneous coordinates – Line drawing -Clipping- viewing transformation
UNIT II GEOMETRIC MODELING 9
Representation of curves- Hermite curve- Bezier curve- B-spline curves-rational curves-Techniques for surface modeling – surface patch- Coons and bicubic patches- Bezier and B-spline surfaces. Solid modeling techniques- CSG and B-rep
UNIT III VISUAL REALISM 9
Hidden – Line-Surface-Solid removal algorithms – shading – colouring – computer animation.
UNIT IV ASSEMBLY OF PARTS 9
Assembly modelling – interferences of positions and orientation – tolerance analysis-massproperty calculations – mechanism simulation and interference checking.
UNIT V CAD STANDARDS 9 Standards for computer graphics- Graphical Kernel System (GKS) – standards for exchangeimages- Open Graphics Library (OpenGL) – Data exchange standards – IGES, STEP, CALSetc. – communication standards.
TOTAL : 45 PERIODS
• Upon completion of this course, the students can able to use computer and CAD software’s for modeling of mechanical components
1. Ibrahim Zeid “Mastering CAD CAM” Tata McGraw-Hill Publishing Co.2007
- Chris McMahon and Jimmie Browne “CAD/CAM Principles”, “Practice and Manufacturing management “ Second Edition, Pearson Education, 1999.
- William M Neumann and Robert F.Sproul “Principles of Computer Graphics”, McGraw Hill Book Co. Singapore, 1989.
- Donald Hearn and M. Pauline Baker “Computer Graphics”’. Prentice Hall, Inc, 1992.
- Foley, Wan Dam, Feiner and Hughes – “Computer graphics principles & practice” Pearson
Education – 2003.
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For ME6501 CAD Previous Year Question Papers – Click here
For ME6501 CAD Question Bank/2marks 16marks with answers – Click here
For ME6501 CAD Important Questions/Answer Key – Click here
For ME6501 CAD Lecture Notes – Click here
Anna University 5th SEM MECH CAD Syllabus
ME6501 COMPUTER AIDED DESIGN Syllabus free download
Anna University MECH CAD Syllabus Regulation 2013
ME6501 Syllabus, CAD Unit wise Syllabus – MECH 5th Semester