ME6504 MM Syllabus
Anna University Regulation 2013 Mechanical Engineering (MECH) ME6504 MM Important Questions for all 5 units are provided below. Download link for MECH 5th SEM ME6504 METROLOGY AND MEASUREMENTS Answer Key is listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
Anna University Regulation 2013 Mechanical Engineering (MECH)
5th SEM ME6504 MM – METROLOGY AND MEASUREMENTS
- To provide knowledge on various Metrological equipments available to measure the dimension of the components.
- To provide knowledge on the correct procedure to be adopted to measure the dimension of the components.
UNIT I BASICS OF METROLOGY 5
Introduction to Metrology – Need – Elements – Work piece, Instruments – Persons – Environment – their effect on Precision and Accuracy – Errors – Errors in Measurements – Types – Control – Types of standards.
UNIT II LINEAR AND ANGULAR MEASUREMENTS 10
Linear Measuring Instruments – Evolution – Types – Classification – Limit gauges – gauge design – terminology – procedure – concepts of interchange ability and selective assembly – Angular measuring instruments – Types – Bevel protractor clinometers angle gauges, spirit levels sine bar – Angle alignment telescope – Autocollimator – Applications.
UNIT III ADVANCES IN METROLOGY 12
Basic concept of lasers Advantages of lasers – laser Interferometers – types – DC and AC Lasers interferometer – Applications – Straightness – Alignment. Basic concept of CMM – Types of CMM – Constructional features – Probes – Accessories – Software – Applications – Basic concepts of Machine Vision System – Element – Applications.
UNIT IV FORM MEASUREMENT 10
Principles and Methods of straightness – Flatness measurement – Thread measurement, gear measurement, surface finish measurement, Roundness measurement – Applications.
UNIT V MEASUREMENT OF POWER, FLOW AND TEMPERATURE 8
Force, torque, power – mechanical , Pneumatic, Hydraulic and Electrical type. Flow measurement: Venturimeter, Orifice meter, rotameter, pitot tube – Temperature: bimetallic strip, thermocouples, electrical resistance thermometer – Reliability and Calibration – Readability and Reliability.
TOTAL : 45 PERIODS
• Upon completion of this course, the Students can demonstrate different measurement technologies and use of them in Industrial Components
- Jain R.K. “Engineering Metrology”, Khanna Publishers, 2005.
- Gupta. I.C., “Engineering Metrology”, Dhanpatrai Publications, 2005.
- Charles Reginald Shotbolt, “Metrology for Engineers”, 5th edition, Cengage Learning EMEA,1990.
- Backwith, Marangoni, Lienhard, “Mechanical Measurements”, Pearson Education , 2006.
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For ME6504 MM Previous Year Question Papers – Click here
For ME6504 MM Question Bank/2marks 16marks with answers – Click here
For ME6504 MM Important Questions/Answer Key – Click here
For ME6504 MM Lecture Notes – Click here
Anna University 5th SEM MECH MM Syllabus
ME6504 METROLOGY AND MEASUREMENTS Syllabus free download
Anna University MECH MM Syllabus Regulation 2013
ME6504 Syllabus, MM Unit wise Syllabus – MECH 5th Semester