ME6505 DOM Syllabus
Anna University Regulation 2013 Mechanical Engineering (MECH) ME6505 DOM Important Questions for all 5 units are provided below. Download link for MECH 5th SEM ME6505 DYNAMICS OF MACHINES Answer Key is listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
Anna University Regulation 2013 Mechanical Engineering (MECH)
5th SEM ME6505 DOM – DYNAMICS OF MACHINES Syllabus
To understand the force-motion relationship in components subjected to external forces and analysis of standard mechanisms.
To understand the undesirable effects of unbalances resulting from prescribed motions in mechanism.
To understand the effect of Dynamics of undesirable vibrations.
To understand the principles in mechanisms used for speed control and stability control.
UNIT I FORCE ANALYSIS 9
Dynamic force analysis – Inertia force and Inertia torque– D Alembert’s principle –Dynamic Analysis in reciprocating engines – Gas forces – Inertia effect of connecting rod– Bearing loads – Crank shaft torque – Turning moment diagrams –Fly Wheels – Flywheels of punching presses- Dynamics of Cam- follower mechanism.
UNIT II BALANCING 9
Static and dynamic balancing – Balancing of rotating masses – Balancing a single cylinder engine – Balancing of Multi-cylinder inline, V-engines – Partial balancing in engines – Balancing of linkages – Balancing machines-Field balancing of discs and rotors.
UNIT III SINGLE DEGREE FREE VIBRATION 9
Basic features of vibratory systems – Degrees of freedom – single degree of freedom – Free vibration – Equations of motion – Natural frequency – Types of Damping – Damped vibration– Torsional vibration of shaft – Critical speeds of shafts – Torsional vibration – Two and three rotor torsional systems.
UNIT IV FORCED VIBRATION 9
Response of one degree freedom systems to periodic forcing – Harmonic disturbances –Disturbance caused by unbalance – Support motion –transmissibility – Vibration isolation vibration measurement.
UNIT V MECHANISM FOR CONTROL 9
Governors – Types – Centrifugal governors – Gravity controlled and spring controlled centrifugal governors – Characteristics – Effect of friction – Controlling force curves. Gyroscopes –Gyroscopic forces and torques – Gyroscopic stabilization – Gyroscopic effects in Automobiles, ships and airplanes.
TOTAL : 45 PERIODS
• Upon completion of this course, the Students can able to predict the force analysis in mechanical system and related vibration issues and can able to solve the problem
- Uicker, J.J., Pennock G.R and Shigley, J.E., “Theory of Machines and Mechanisms” ,3rd Edition, Oxford University Press, 2009.
- Rattan, S.S, “Theory of Machines”, 3rd Edition, Tata McGraw-Hill, 2009
- Thomas Bevan, “Theory of Machines”, 3rd Edition, CBS Publishers and Distributors, 2005.
- Cleghorn. W. L, “Mechanisms of Machines”, Oxford University Press, 2005
- Benson H. Tongue, ”Principles of Vibrations”, Oxford University Press, 2nd Edition, 2007
- Robert L. Norton, “Kinematics and Dynamics of Machinery”, Tata McGraw-Hill, 2009.
- Allen S. Hall Jr., “Kinematics and Linkage Design”, Prentice Hall, 1961
- Ghosh. A and Mallick, A.K., “Theory of Mechanisms and Machines”, Affiliated East-West Pvt.
Ltd., New Delhi, 1988.
- Rao.J.S. and Dukkipati.R.V. “Mechanisms and Machine Theory”, Wiley-Eastern Ltd., New
- John Hannah and Stephens R.C., “Mechanics of Machines”, Viva Low-Prices Student Edition,
- Grover. G.T., “Mechanical Vibrations”, Nem Chand and Bros., 1996
- William T. Thomson, Marie Dillon Dahleh, Chandramouli Padmanabhan, “Theory of Vibration
with Application”, 5th edition, Pearson Education, 2011
- V.Ramamurthi, “Mechanics of Machines”, Narosa Publishing House, 2002.
- Khurmi, R.S.,”Theory of Machines”, 14th Edition, S Chand Publications, 2005.
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For ME6505 DOM Previous Year Question Papers – Click here
For ME6505 DOM Question Bank/2marks 16marks with answers – Click here
For ME6505 DOM Important Questions/Answer Key – Click here
For ME6505 DOM Lecture Notes – Click here
Anna University 5th SEM MECH DOM Syllabus
ME6505 DYNAMICS OF MACHINES Syllabus free download
Anna University MECH DOM Syllabus Regulation 2013
ME6505 Syllabus, DOM Unit wise Syllabus – MECH 5th Semester