ME6701 PPE 2marks
Anna University Regulation 2013 EEE ME6701 PPE 2marks & 16marks for all 5 units are provided below. ME6701 PPE Short answers, Question Bank for Power Plant Engineering is listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
Part A Questions with Answers & Part B Questions
UNIT – 1: THERMAL POWER PLANTS
1. Name the four major circuits in steam power plant.
- Coal and ash circuit
- Air and flue gas circuit
- Feed water and steam circuit
- Cooling water circuit
2 . What consists of air and flue gas circuit?
Air and flue gas circuit consists of forced draught fan, air-pre-heater, boiler, furnace, super heater, economiser, dust collector, induced draught fan and chimney.
3. What consists of feed water and steam flow circuit in steam power?
The feed water and steam flow circuit consists of feed pump, economiser boiler drum super heater, turbine and condenser.
4. What consists of cooling water circuit and coal & ash circuit in steam power plant?
The cooling water circuit consists of a pump, condenser and cooling tower. The coal and ash circuit consists of coal delivery, preparation of coal, handling of coal to the boiler furnace, ash handling and ash storage.
5. What is the main purpose of high-pressure boilers?
The high-pressure boilers are used to increase the efficiency of the plant and to reduce the cost of electricity production.
6. State important advantages of high-pressure boilers?
• The amount of scale formation is less, since the velocity of water through pipes are more.
• All parts of the system are heated uniformly, so there is no danger of overheating.
7. Name important high pressure boilers?
1. La Mont boiler
3. Loeffler boiler
4. Velox boiler.
8. Write about La Mont boiler? What is the major disadvantage of La Mont boiler?
La Mont boiler is a forced circulation high pressure water tube boiler. The major disadvantage is the formation of bubbles, salt and sediment on the inner surfaces of the heating surfaces. This reduces the heat flow and steam generation.
9. Write about Benson boiler? State some important advantages of Benson boiler?
Benson boiler is the high pressure, vertical fire tube boiler. This boiler has no drum and is ~designed to operate at critical pressure of 225 bar. Benson boiler has no drum. So the total weight of the Benson boiler is reduced by-20%, when compared to other boilers.
o The erection of Benson boiler is easier and quicker.
10. Write about Loeffler boiler?
The major disadvantage in La Mont boiler is the deposition of salt and sediment on the inner surface of the water tubes. It reduces the heat transfer and ultimately the steam generating capacity.
In Loeffler boiler, this problem is solved by preventing water from flowing through the boiler tubes. The steam is generated outside the tubes.
ME6701 PPE Unit 1 2marks & 16marks – Download Here
ME6701 PPE Unit 2 2marks & 16marks – Download Here
ME6701 PPE Unit 3 2marks & 16marks – Download Here
ME6701 PPE Unit 4 2marks & 16marks – Download Here
ME6701 PPE Unit 5 2marks & 16marks – Download Here
ME6701 PPE All Units 2marks & 16marks – Download Here
ME6701 PPE All Units 2marks – Download Here
ME6701 PPE All Units 16marks – Download Here
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For ME6701 PPE Previous Year Question Papers – Click here
For ME6701 PPE Important Questions/Answer Key – Click here
For ME6701 PPE Lecture Handwritten Notes – Click here
ME6701 PPE 2marks
Anna University 5th SEM EEE PPE 2marks 16 marks
ME6701 Power Plant Engineering question bank free download
Anna University EEE PPE short answers Regulation 2013
ME6701 2marks, PPE Unit wise short answers – EEE 5th Semester