RCE 602 EE Syllabus
AKTU CIVIL ENGINEERING (CE) RCE 602 EE Syllabus for all 5 units are provided Below. Download link for CE 6th SEM RCE 602 ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING Syllabus is listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
UP Technical University CIVIL ENGINEERING (CE) 6th SEM RCE 602 EE– ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING Syllabus
RCE 602 ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING
Fresh water, water demands, variation in demands, population forecasting by various methods,
basic needs and factors affecting consumption, design period.
Transmission of water: Various types of conduits, capacity and sizes including economical sizes
of rising main, structural requirements; laying and testing of water supply pipelines; pipe
materials, joints, appurtenances and valves; leakages and control.
Storage and distribution of water: Methods of distribution, pressure and gravity distribution
systems, Concept of service and balancing reservoirs.
Capacity of distribution reservoirs: general design guidelines for distribution system.
Physical, chemical and bacteriological examination of water and wastewater: Temperature, pH,
colour and odour, solids, nitrogen and phosphorus, chlorides, toxic metals and compounds, BOD,
COD etc. quality requirements, standards of water and waste water, disposal of wastewater on
land and water bodies.
Objectives of water treatment: unit operations, processes, and flow sheets.
Water treatment: screening, sedimentation, determination of settling velocity, efficiency of ideal
sedimentation tank, design of settling tanks, grit chamber.
Primary sedimentation and coagulation, filtration: theory of filtration; hydraulics of filtration;
slow sand, rapid sand and pressure filters, backwashing; design of slow and rapid sand filters.
Disinfection: requirements of an ideal disinfectant; various disinfectants, chlorination and
practices of chlorination, water softening and ion-exchange process
Objectives of waste water treatment: unit operations, processes, and flow sheets.
Secondary and tertiary treatment: secondary sedimentation and theory of organic matter removal.
Working of activated sludge process, trickling filters; aerated lagoons, waste stabilization ponds,
oxidation ditches, rotating biological contactors (RBC).
Anaerobic digestion of sludge: design of low and high rate anaerobic digesters and septic tank.
Working of up flow anaerobic sludge blanket (UASB) reactor and other emerging technologies
for wastewater treatment
1. Peavy, Howard S., Rowe, Donald R and Tchobanoglous, George, “Environmental
Engineering” McGraw Hill Education (India) Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi.
2. Metcalf & Eddy “Wastewater Engineering: Treatment & Reuse”, Tata Mc-Graw Hill.
3. M. P. Poonia and SC Sharma: Environmental Engineering, kahnna publishing house
4. Keshav Kant, “Air Pollution Control Engineering”, Khanna Publishing House
5. OP Gupta, Elements of Environmental Polluton Control, Khanna Publication
6. Davis, M.L. & Cornwell, D.A.: Introduction to Environmental Engineering, Mc-Graw Hill.
1. Manual on Water Supply and Treatment, C. P. H. E. E. O., Ministry of Urban Development,
Government of India, New Delhi
2. Manual on Sewerage and Sewage Treatment, C. P. H. E. E. O., Ministry of Urban
Development, Government of India, New Delhi
3. Steel and McGhee: Water Supply and Sewerage
4. Fair and Geyer: Water Supply and Wastewater Disposal
5. Hammer and Hammer Jr.: Water and Wastewater Technology
6. Raju: Water Supply and Wastewater Engineering
7. Rao: Textbook of Environmental Engineering
8. Davis and Cornwell: Introduction to Environmental Engineering
9. Kshirsagar: Water Supply and Treatment and Sewage Treatment Vol. I and II
10. Punmia: Water Supply and Wastewater Engineering Vol. I and II
11. Birdie: Water Supply and Sanitary Engineering
12. Ramalho: Introduction to Wastewater Treatment Processes
13. Davis Mackenzie L., Cornwell, David A., “Introduction to Environmental Engineering”
McGraw Hill Education (India) Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi.
14. Birdie: Water Supply and Sanitary Engineering
15. Ramalho: Introduction to Wastewater Treatment Processes
16. Parker: Wastewater Systems Engineering
17. A.K. Jain, Environmental Engineering, Khanna Publishing House
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the Below section.
For AKTU RCE 602 EE Previous Year Question Papers – -Click here
For AKTU RCE 602 EE Important Questions/Short Answers – -Click here
For AKTU RCE 602 EE Lecture Notes – -Click here
AKTU 6th SEM CE EE Syllabus
RCE 602 ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING Syllabus free download
UP Technical University CE EE Syllabus
RCE 602 Syllabus, EE Unit-wise Syllabus – CE 6th Semester