REE502 PTD Syllabus
AKTU ELECTRICAL & ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING(EEE) REE502 PTD Syllabus for all 5 units are provided Below. Download link for EEE 5th Sem REE502 POWER TRANSMISSON & DISTRIBUTION Syllabus is listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
UP Technical University ELECTRICAL & ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING(EEE) 5th Sem REE502 PTD– POWER TRANSMISSON & DISTRIBUTION Syllabus
REE502 POWER TRANSMISSON & DISTRIBUTION
Unit – I: Power System Components:
Single line diagram of Power system,
Brief description of power system Elements: Synchronous machine, transformer, transmission line, bus bar,
circuit breaker and isolator.
Supply System: Different kinds of supply system and their comparison, choice of transmission voltage.
Configurations, types of conductors, resistance of line, skin effect, Kelvin’s law, Proximity effect.
Unit – II: Over Head Transmission Lines
Calculation of inductance and capacitance of single phase, three phase, single circuit and double circuit
Representation and performance of short, medium and long transmission lines, Ferranti effect, Surge
Unit – III: Corona and Interference:
Phenomenon of corona, corona formation, calculation of potential gradient, corona loss, factors affecting
corona, methods of reducing corona and interference
Electrostatic and electromagnetic interference with communication lines.
Overhead line Insulators:
Type of insulators and their applications, potential distribution over a string of insulators, methods of
equalizing the potential, string efficiency.
Unit – IV: Mechanical Design of transmission line:
Catenary curve, calculation of sag & tension, effects of wind and ice loading, sag template, vibration dampers.
Type of cables and their construction, dielectric stress, grading of cables, insulation resistance, capacitance of
single phase and three phase cables, dielectric loss, heating of cables.
Unit – V: Neutral grounding:
Necessity of neutral grounding, various methods of neutral grounding, earthing transformer, grounding
Distribution system layout, Introduction of Distribution System, Primary & Secondary distribution, Design
consideration, distribution system losses, Classification of Distributed system- Radial Ring interconnected
systems, Stepped distribution.
1. W.D. Stevenson, “Element of Power System Analysis”, McGraw Hill
2. C.L. Wadhwa, “Electrical Power System”, New age international Ltd. Third Edition
3. AsfaqHussain, “Power System”, CBS Publishers and Distributors
4. B. R. Gupta, “Power System Analysis and Design”, Third Edition, S. Chand & Co.
5. M. V. Deshpande, “Electrical Power System Design”, Tata McGraw Hill
6. S. Sivanagaraju & S. Satyanarayana, “Electric Power Transmission and Distribution”, Pearson Education
7. Kothari &Nagrath, “Power System Engineering”,Tata McGraw-Hill Education
8. T.A. Short, “Electric Power Distribution Handbook”, CRC
9. Soni, Gupta &Bhatnagar, “A Course in Electrical Power “, Dhanpat Rai & Sons
10. S.L. Uppal, “Electric Power”, Khanna Publishers
11. S.N. Singh, “Electric Power Generation, Transmission &Distribution”, PHI Learning
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the Below section.
AKTU 5th Sem EEE PTD Syllabus
REE502 POWER TRANSMISSON & DISTRIBUTION Syllabus free download
UP Technical University EEE PTD Syllabus
REE502Syllabus, PTD Unit-wise Syllabus – EEE 5th Semester