RME504 DM Syllabus
AKTU MECHANICAL AND INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING(MIE) RME504 DM Syllabus for all 5 units are provided Below. Download link for MIE 5th SEM RME504 DESIGN OF MACHINE Syllabus is listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
UP Technical University MECHANICAL AND INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING (MIE) 5th SEM RME 504 DM– DESIGN OF MACHINE Syllabus
DESIGN OF MACHINE ELEMENTS
Design requirements of machine elements, Principles of mechanical design, Modes of
failures and Factor of Safety. Systematic design process, Aesthetic and Ergonomic
considerations in design, Use of standards in design, Manufacturing consideration in design,
Selection of preferred sizes, Indian Standards designation, Designation of carbon & alloy
steels, Selection of materials for static and fatigueloads.
Design for Static and Fluctuating Loads
Cyclic stresses, Fatigue and endurance limit, Notch sensitivity, Stress concentration. Design
for finite and infinite life, Soderberg, Goodman & Gerber criteria.
Shafts, Keys and Couplings
Materials for shaft, Stresses in shafts, Design of shafts subjected to twisting moment, bending
moment and combined twisting and bending moments, Shafts subjected to fatigue loads.
Types of keys, splines, Selection of keys, Strength of keys, Design of rigid and flexible
Design of Mechanical Drives
Introduction to power transmission and drives. Classification of gears, Terminology, Gear
tooth proportions, Tooth forms, System of gear teeth, contact ratio, Standard proportions of
gear systems, Interference in involute gears, Backlash, Selection of gear materials, Gear
manufacturing methods, Failure of gear tooth, Design considerations, AGMA and Indian
standards, Beam strength and wear strength of gear tooth, Design of spur and helical gears.
Classification of springs, Material for helical springs, End connections for compression and
tension helical springs, Design of helical springs subjected to static and fatigue loading.
Forms of threads, multiple threads, Efficiency of square threads, Trapezoidal threads,
Stresses in screws, Design of screwjack.
Basic of Finite Element Method, Variational calculus, Integral formulation, variational
methods: Methods of weighted residuals, Approximate solution using variational method,
Modified Galerkin method, Boundary conditions.
Basic Finite Element Concepts: Basic ideas in a finite element solution, General finite
element solution procedure, Finite element equations using modified Galerkin method, Axis
symmetric Problems, Axial bars, Torsion bars, Application in Solid Mechanic Problems,
Plane truss problems using software application.
Note: Design data book is allowed in the examination
1. Design of Machine Elements,V.B. Bhandari, Tata McGraw HillCo.
2. Design of Machine Elements, Sharma and Purohit,PHI.
3. Machine Design, P C Gope, PHI Publication
4. Machine Design, Sadhu Singh, Khanna Book Publishing Co.
5. Machine Design-R S Khurmi and J K Gupta, S Chand
6. J N Reddy “An Introduction to finite element method” Tata Mc Graw Hill 3rdedition
7. Machine Design Data Book, Sadhu Singh, Khanna Book Publishing Co.
8. S.S. Rao, “Finite Element Method In Engineering”, PergamanPress
9. P Seshu, Finite Element Analysis, PHI publications,Delhi
Design data book: Design Data Handbook for Mechanical Engineering in SI and Metric
Units – by K. Mahadevan, and K. Balaveera Reddy.
1. Design of Machine Elements-M.F. Spott, PearsonEductaion
2. Machine Design-Maleev and Hartman, CBSPublishers.
3. Mechanical Engineering Design, 9e – Joseph E. Shigely, McGraw HillEducation.
4. Design of Machine Elements, GopePHI.
5. Finite Element Method with Applications in Engineering Y M Desai, PearsonPublication
6. Machine Design, Sadhu Singh, Khanna Book Publishing Co.
7. Introduction to Finite Element Analysis by TirupathiR.Chandrupatla& Ashok D Belegundu,
8. Machine Design Data Book, Sadhu Singh, Khanna Book Publishing Co.
9. V.Ramamurti “Finite Element Method in Machine Design”Norosa PublishingHouse
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the Below section.
AKTU 5th SEM MIE DM Syllabus
RME504 DESIGN OF MACHINE Syllabus free download
UP Technical University MIE DM Syllabus
RME504 Syllabus, DM Unit-wise Syllabus – MIE 5th Semester