CE6306 SOM Syllabus
Anna University Regulation 2013 Mech CE6306 SOM Important Questions for all 5 units and MECH 3rd SEM CE6306 STRENGTH OF MATERIALS Answer Key is listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
Anna University Regulation 2013 Mechanical Engineering (MECH)
3rd SEM CE6306 SOM – STRENGTH OF MATERIALS Syllabus
CE6306 STRENGTH OF MATERIALS L T P C 3 0 0 3
To understand the stresses developed in bars, compounds bars, beams, shafts, cylinders and spheres.
UNIT I STRESS, STRAIN AND DEFORMATION OF SOLIDS 9
Rigid bodies and deformable solids – Tension, Compression and Shear Stresses – Deformation of simple and compound bars – Thermal stresses – Elastic constants – Volumetric strains –Stresses on inclined planes – principal stresses and principal planes – Mohr’s circle of stress.
UNIT II TRANSVERSE LOADING ON BEAMS AND STRESSES IN BEAM 9
Beams – types transverse loading on beams – Shear force and bending moment in beams – Cantilevers – Simply supported beams and over – hanging beams. Theory of simple bending– bending stress distribution – Load carrying capacity – Proportioning of sections – Flitched beams – Shear stress distribution.
UNIT III TORSION 9
Torsion formulation stresses and deformation in circular and hollows shafts – Stepped shafts– Deflection in shafts fixed at the both ends – Stresses in helical springs – Deflection of helical springs, carriage springs.
UNIT IV DEFLECTION OF BEAMS 9
Double Integration method – Macaulay’s method – Area moment method for computation of slopes and deflections in beams – Conjugate beam and strain energy – Maxwell’s reciprocal theorems.
UNIT V THIN CYLINDERS, SPHERES AND THICK CYLINDERS 9
Stresses in thin cylindrical shell due to internal pressure circumferential and longitudinal stresses and deformation in thin and thick cylinders – spherical shells subjected to internal pressure –Deformation in spherical shells – Lame’s theorem.
TOTAL (L:45+T:15): 60 PERIODS
- Upon completion of this course, the students can able to apply mathematical knowledge to calculate the deformation behavior of simple structures.
- Critically analyseproblem and solve the problems related to mechanical elements and analyse the deformation behavior for different types of loads.
1. Bansal, R.K., “Strength of Materials”, Laxmi Publications (P) Ltd., 2007
2. Jindal U.C., “Strength of Materials”, Asian Books Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi, 2007
- Egor. P.Popov “Engineering Mechanics of Solids” Prentice Hall of India, New Delhi, 2001
- Subramanian R., “Strength of Materials”, Oxford University Press, Oxford Higher Education Series, 2007.
- Hibbeler, R.C., “Mechanics of Materials”, Pearson Education, Low Price Edition, 2007
- Ferdinand P. Been, Russell Johnson, J.r. and John J. Dewole “Mechanics of Materials”, Tata McGraw Hill Publishing ‘co. Ltd., New Delhi, 2005.
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For CE6306 SOM Previous Year Question Papers – Click here
For CE6306 SOM Question Bank/2marks 16marks with answers – Click here
For CE6306 SOM Important Questions/Answer Key – Click here
For CE6306 SOM Lecture Notes – Click here
Anna University 3rd SEM MECH SOM Syllabus
CE6306 STRENGTH OF MATERIALS Syllabus free download
Anna University MECH SOM Syllabus Regulation 2013
CE6306 Syllabus, SOM Unit wise Syllabus – MECH 3rd Semester