Anna University Regulation 2013 Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) CS6007 IR Notes for all 5 units are provided below. Download link for CSE 7th SEM CS6007 Information Retrieval Lecture Handwritten Notes are listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
What is Information Retrieval ?
• The process of actively seeking out information relevant to a topic of interest (van Rijsbergen)
– Typically it refers to the automatic (rather than manual) retrieval of documents
• Information Retrieval System (IRS)
– “Document” is the generic term for an information holder (book, chapter, article, webpage, etc)
IR in practice
• Information Retrieval is a research-driven theoretical and experimental discipline
– The focus is on different aspects of the information–seeking process, depending on the researcher’s background or interest:
• Computer scientist – fast and accurate search engine
• Librarian – organization and indexing of information
• Cognitive scientist – the process in the searcher’s mind
• Philosopher – Is this really relevant ?
– Progress influenced by advances in Computational Linguistics, Information Visualization, Cognitive Psychology, HCI, …
• Experimental vs. operational systems
• Analogy to car manufacturing
Fundamental concepts in IR
• What is information ?
• Meaning vs. form
• Data vs. Information Retrieval
• Relevance and other key concepts in IR were discussed in the previous class, so we won’t do it again.
– We’ll take a simple view: a document is relevant if it is about the searcher’s topic of interest
• We will discuss text documents, not other media
– Most current tools that search for images, video, or other media rely on text annotations
– Real content retrieval of other media (based on shape, color, texture, …) are not mature yet
CS6007 IR Unit 1 notes – Download Here
CS6007 IR Unit 2 notes – Download Here
CS6007 IR Unit 3 notes – Download Here
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
Anna University 7th SEM CSE IR Lecture Handwritten Notes
CS6007 Information Retrieval Notes free download
Anna University CSE IR Notes Regulation 2013
CS6007 Notes, IR Unit wise Lecture Handwritten Notes – CSE 7th Semester