Anna University Regulation 2013 Information Technology (IT) CS6201 DPSD Notes for all 5 units are provided below. Download link for IT 2nd SEM CS6201 Digital Principles & System Design Lecture Notes are listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
Logic circuits are the basis for modern digital computer systems. The term digital refers to the fact that the signal is limited to only a few possible values. In general, digits signals are represented by only two possible voltages on a wire – 0 volts (which are called “binary 0”, or just “0”) and 5 volts (which are call by “binary 1”, or just “1”). We sometimes call these values “low” and “high”, or “false” and “true”.
Need of digital systems
x More complicated signals can be constructed from 1s and 0s by stringing them end-to-end, like a necklace.
x If we put three binary digits end-to-end, we have eight possible combinations: 000, 001, 010, 011, 100, 101, 110 and 111. In principle, there is no limit to use binary digits, so signals can be as complicated as one like
Major topics in Boolean algebra and logic gates
1. Review of number systems-is a natural choice for representing the behavior of circuits that operate in one of two states (on or off, 1 or 0)
2. Arithmetic Operations-It is imperative to understand that the type of numeration system used to represent numbers has no impact upon the outcome of any arithmetical function (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, roots, powers, or logarithms).
3. Binary codes- The alphabetic data, numeric data, alphanumeric data, symbols, sound data and video data, all are represented as combination of bits in the computer.
4. Boolean algebra and theorems-The English mathematician George Boole (1815- 1864) sought to give symbolic form to Aristotle’s system of logic.
5. Boolean functions- Boole wrote a treatise on the subject in 1854, titled An Investigation of the Laws of Thought, on Which Are Founded the Mathematical Theories of Logic and Probabilities, which codified several rules of relationship between mathematical quantities limited to one of two possible values: true or false, 1 or 0
6. Simplifications of Boolean functions using Karnaugh map and tabulation methods- A K-map consists of a grid of squares, each square representing one canonical minterm combination of the variables or their inverse
7. Logic gates-A logic gate, or simply gate, is a special circuit designed to input and output logic level voltages (voltages intended to represent binary bits).
8. NAND and NOR Implementations- Universal gates are the ones which can be used for implementing any gate like AND, OR and NOT, or any combination of these basic gates; NAND and NOR gates are universal gates
Sanjay Kumar Suman, L.Bhagyalakshmi, S.Porselvi, “Digital Principles And System Design”,Vijay Nicole Pubilcations
The digital system is used to represent various types of computer data. It is used to design various circuits in real time as controller, indicator etc.
CS6201 DPSD Unit 1 notes – Download Here
CS6201 DPSD Unit 2 notes – Download Here
CS6201 DPSD Unit 3 notes – Download Here
CS6201 DPSD Unit 4 notes – Download Here
CS6201 DPSD Unit 5 notes – Download Here
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For CS6201 DPSD Previous Year Question Papers – Click here
For CS6201 DPSD Question Bank/2marks 16marks with answers – Click here
For CS6201 DPSD Important Questions/Answer Key – Click here
Anna University 2nd SEM IT DPSD Lecture Notes
CS6201 Digital Principles & System Design Notes free download
Anna University IT DPSD Notes Regulation 2013
CS6201 Notes, DPSD Unit wise Lecture Notes – IT 2nd Semester