Anna University Regulation 2013 Information Technology (IT) CS6201 DPSD old Question Papers for previous years are provided below. Download link for IT 2nd SEM CS6201 Digital Principles & System Design Previous Year Question Papers are listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
B.E/B.Tech. DEGREE EXAMINATION, NOVEMBER 2010
Computer Science and Engineering
CS2202 – DIGITAL PRINCIPLES AND SYSTEM DESIGN
Time: Three hours Maximum : 100 Marks
Answer ALL questions
PART A – (10 X 2 = 20 Marks)
1. Represent the decimal numbers -200 & 200 using 2’s complement binary form.
2. Write the truth table of AND and XOR gates.
3. Draw the schematic of half adder logic.
4. Write the HDL descriptor of following circuit.
5. Determine the size & number of multiplexers required to implement the full adder.
6. Determine the no of address lines required for 512 bytes of memory and for 2kb memory.
7. Write state transition diagram of JK Flip-flop.
8. Draw the timing diagram showing the output of a 2 stage synchronous counter with respect to its clock signal.
9. Explain the next state characteristics of D and SR flip-flops.
10. Define static and dynamic hazards.
PART B-(5 X 16 = 80 Marks)
11. (a) (i) Convert (1947)10 into its equivalent octal and decimal representation (10)
(ii) Perform (147-89) using 2’s complement binary arithmetic. (6)
(b) (i) Minimize the following expressions using K-Map Y= A’BC’D’ + A’BC’D + ABC’D’ + AB’C’D +A’B’CD’. (10)
(ii) State and prove De Morgan’s theorems (6)
12. (a) (i) Design a combinational circuit that comprises only of NOR gates for the following expression giving the input & output relation. Y=ABC + AC +B ‘ C (10)
(ii) Draw the schematic of full adder and give its truth table. (6)
(b) (i)Design a BCD to Excess-3 code converter using truth table & K-Map simplification. (10) `
(ii) Draw the schematic of a magnitude comparator and give its truth table. 6)
13. (a) (i) Design a combinational logic using a suitable multiplexer to realize the Boolean expression Y=AD ‘ + B’C + BC’D (10)
(ii) Compare and contrast encoders & multiplexers (6)
(b) (i) Write short notes on the basic configuration of the 3 types of programmable logic devices. (6)
(ii) Draw the signals of a 32 x 8 RAM with control input. Show the external connections necessary to have a 128 x 8 RAM using a decoder and the replication of this RAM. (10)
14. (a) A synchronous counter with four JK flip- flops has the following connections: JA=KA=1, JB=QAQD , KB=QA JC=KC=QAQB JD=QAQBQC AND KD=QA Determine the modulus n of the counter and draw the output waveforms of the same (16)
(b) Design a synchronous counter using JK flip-flop to count the following sequence: “1-3-15-5-8-2-0-12-6-9”. (16)
15. (a) (i) Explain the working principle of switch debounce logic. (6)
(ii) Determine whether the circuit is stable or not whose excitation function is given by – y=(x1y)’x2 (10)
(b) (i) Derive a circuit specified for the following table (10)
(ii) Determine whether the following circuit has a static hazard or not. If yes, design a hazard free logic for the same input and output relation. (6)
CS6201 DPSD Question Paper1– Download Here
CS6201 DPSD Question Paper2– Download Here
CS6201 DPSD Question Paper3– Download Here
CS6201 DPSD Question Paper4– Download Here
CS6201 DPSD Question Paper5– Download Here
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For CS6201 DPSD Question Bank/2marks 16marks with answers – Click here
For CS6201 DPSD Important Questions/Answer Key – Click here
For CS6201 DPSD Lecture Notes – Click here
Anna University 2nd SEM IT DPSD Question Papers with answers
CS6201 Digital Principles & System Design previous year question papers free download
Anna University IT DPSD old question papers Regulation 2013
CS6201 Question Papers with answers, DPSD previous year question bank – IT 2nd Semester