CS6201 DPSD Syllabus
Anna University Regulation 2013 Computer Science & Engineering (CSE) CS6201 DPSD Syllabus for all 5 units are provided below. Download link for CSE 2nd SEM CS6201 DIGITAL PRINCIPLES AND SYSTEM DESIGN Syllabus is listed down for students to make perfect utilisation and score maximum marks with our study materials.
Anna University Regulation 2013 Computer Science & Engineering (CSE) 2nd SEM
CS6201 CA-DIGITAL PRINCIPLES AND SYSTEM DESIGN Syllabus
The student should be made to: L T P C 3003
Learn Boolean Algebra
Understand the various logic gates.
Be familiar with various combinational circuits.
Be familiar with designing synchronous and asynchronous sequential circuits. Be exposed to designing using PLD Review of Number Systems – Arithmetic Operations – Binary Codes – Boolean Algebra and Theorems – Boolean Functions – Simplification of Boolean Functions using Karnaugh Map and Tabulation Methods – Logic Gates – NAND and NOR Implementations.
UNIT II COMBINATIONAL LOGIC 9
Combinational Circuits – Analysis and Design Procedures – Circuits for Arithmetic Operations, Code Conversion – Decoders and Encoders – Multiplexers and Demultiplexers – Introduction to HDL – HDL Models of Combinational circuits.
UNIT III SYNCHRONOUS SEQUENTIAL LOGIC 9
Sequential Circuits – Latches and Flip Flops – Analysis and Design Procedures – State Reduction and State Assignment – Shift Registers – Counters – HDL for Sequential Logic Circuits.
UNIT IV ASYNCHRONOUS SEQUENTIAL LOGIC 9
Analysis and Design of Asynchronous Sequential Circuits – Reduction of State and Flow Tables – Race-free State Assignment – Hazards.
RAM and ROM – Memory Decoding – Error Detection and Correction – Programmable Logic Array – Programmable Array Logic – Sequential Programmable Devices – Application Specific Integrated Circuits.
TOTAL: 45 PERIODS
At the end of this course, the student will be able to:
- Perform arithmetic operations in any number system.
- Simplify the Boolean expression using K-Map and Tabulation techniques.
- Use boolean simplification techniques to design a combinational hardware circuit.
- Design and Analysis of a given digital circuit – combinational and sequential.
- Design using PLD.TEXT BOOK:1. Morris Mano M. and Michael D. Ciletti, “Digital Design”, IV Edition, Pearson Education, 2008.
- John F. Wakerly, “Digital Design Principles and Practices”, Fourth Edition, Pearson Education, 2007.
- Charles H. Roth Jr, “Fundamentals of Logic Design”, Fifth Edition – Jaico Publishing House, Mumbai, 2003.
- Donald D. Givone, “Digital Principles and Design”, Tata Mcgraw Hill, 2003.
- Kharate G. K., “Digital Electronics”, Oxford University Press, 2010.
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For CS6201 DPSD Previous Year Question Papers – Click here
For CS6201 DPSD Question Bank/2marks 16marks with answers – Click here
For CS6201 DPSD Important Questions/Answer Key – Click here
For CS6201 DPSD Lecture Notes – Click here
Anna University 2nd SEM CSE DPSD Syllabus
CS6201 DIGITAL PRINCIPLES AND SYSTEM DESIGN Syllabus free download
Anna University CSE DPSD Syllabus Regulation 2013
CS6201 Syllabus, DPSD Unit wise Syllabus – CSE 2nd Semester