CS6303 CA Question Papers
Anna University Regulation 2013 CSE CS6303 CA Question Papers for all 5 units are provided below. Download link for CSE 3rd SEM CS6303 Computer Architecture Previous Year Question Papers are listed down for students to make perfect utilisation and score maximum marks with our study materials.
Anna University Regulation 2013 Computer Science & Engineering (CSE) 3rd SEM CS6303 CA-Computer Architecture Syllabus
CS6303 COMPUTER ARCHITECTURE L T P C 3 0 0 3
- To make students understand the basic structure and operation of digital computer.
- To understand the hardware-software interface.
- To familiarise the students with arithmetic and logic unit and implementation of fixed point and floating-point arithmetic operations.
- To expose the students to the concept of pipe-lining.
- To familiarise the students with hierarchical memory system including cache memories and virtual memory.
- To expose the students with different ways of communicating with I/O devices and standard I/O interfaces.
UNIT I OVERVIEW & INSTRUCTIONS
Eight ideas – Components of a computer system – Technology – Performance – Power wall – Uniprocessors to multiprocessors; Instructions – operations and operands – representing instructions – Logical operations – control operations – Addressing and addressing modes.
UNIT II ARITHMETIC OPERATIONS
ALU – Addition and subtraction – Multiplication – Division – Floating Point operations – Subword parallelism.
UNIT III PROCESSOR AND CONTROL UNIT
Basic MIPS implementation – Building datapath – Control Implementation scheme – Pipelining – Pipelined datapath and control – Handling Data hazards & Control hazards – Exceptions.
UNIT IV PARALLELISM
Instruction-level-parallelism – Parallel processing challenges – Flynn’s classification – Hardware multithreading – Multicore processors
UNIT V MEMORY AND I/O SYSTEMS
Memory hierarchy – Memory technologies – Cache basics – Measuring and improving cache performance – Virtual memory, TLBs – Input/output system, programmed I/O, DMA and interrupts, I/O processors.
TOTAL: 45 PERIODS
At the end of the course, the student should be able to:
- Design arithmetic and logic unit.
- Design and analyse pipelined control units
- Evaluate performance of memory systems.
- Understand parallel processing architectures.
1. David A. Patterson and John L. Hennessey, “Computer organization and design‟, Morgan Kauffman / Elsevier, Fifth edition, 2014.
1. V.Carl Hamacher, Zvonko G. Varanesic and Safat G. Zaky, “Computer Organisation“, VI th edition, Mc Graw-Hill Inc, 2012.
2. William Stallings “Computer Organization and Architecture” , Seventh Edition , Pearson Education, 2006.
3. Vincent P. Heuring, Harry F. Jordan, “Computer System Architecture”, Second Edition, Pearson Education, 2005.
4. Govindarajalu, “Computer Architecture and Organization, Design Principles and Applications”, first edition, Tata McGraw Hill, New Delhi, 2005.
5. John P. Hayes, “Computer Architecture and Organization”, Third Edition, Tata Mc Graw Hill, 1998.
CS6303 CA Question Paper1– Download Here
CS6303 CA Question Paper2– Download Here
CS6303 CA Question Paper3– Download Here
CS6303 CA Question Paper4– Download Here
CS6303 CA Question Paper5– Download Here
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For CS6303 CA Question Bank/2marks 16marks with answers – Click here
For CS6303 CA Important Questions/Answer Key – Click here
For CS6303 CA Lecture Notes – Click here
Anna University 3rd SEM CSE CA Question Papers with answers
CS6303 Computer Architecture previous year question papers free download
Anna University CSE CA old question papers Regulation 2013
CS6303 Question Papers with answers, CA previous year question bank – CSE 3rd Semester