CS6304 ADC Syllabus
Anna University Regulation 2013 CSE CS6304 ADC Important Questions is provided below. Download link for CSE 3rd SEM CS6304 Analog and Digital Communication Answer Key is listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
Anna University Regulation 2013 Computer Science & Engineering (CSE) 3rd SEM CS6304 ADC-Analog and Digital Communication Syllabus
CS6304 ANALOG AND DIGITAL COMMUNICATION L T P C 3 0 0 3
The student should be made to:
- Understand analog and digital communication techniques.
- Learn data and pulse communication techniques.
- Be familiarized with source and Error control coding.
- Gain knowledge on multi-user radio communication.
UNIT I ANALOG COMMUNICATION
Noise: Source of Noise – External Noise- Internal Noise- Noise Calculation. Introduction to Communication Systems: Modulation – Types – Need for Modulation. Theory of Amplitude Modulation – Evolution and Description of SSB Techniques – Theory of Frequency and Phase Modulation – Comparison of various Analog Communication System (AM – FM – PM).
UNIT II DIGITAL COMMUNICATION
Amplitude Shift Keying (ASK) – Frequency Shift Keying (FSK) Minimum Shift Keying (MSK) –Phase Shift Keying (PSK) – BPSK – QPSK – 8 PSK – 16 PSK – Quadrature Amplitude Modulation (QAM) – 8 QAM – 16 QAM – Bandwidth Efficiency– Comparison of various Digital Communication System (ASK – FSK – PSK – QAM).
UNIT III DATA AND PULSE COMMUNICATION
Data Communication: History of Data Communication – Standards Organizations for Data Communication- Data Communication Circuits – Data Communication Codes – Error Detection and Correction Techniques – Data communication Hardware – serial and parallel interfaces. Pulse Communication: Pulse Amplitude Modulation (PAM) – Pulse Time Modulation (PTM) – Pulse code Modulation (PCM) – Comparison of various Pulse Communication System (PAM – PTM – PCM).
UNIT IV SOURCE AND ERROR CONTROL CODING
Entropy, Source encoding theorem, Shannon fano coding, Huffman coding, mutual information, channel capacity, channel coding theorem, Error Control Coding, linear block codes, cyclic codes, convolution codes, viterbi decoding algorithm.
UNIT V MULTI-USER RADIO COMMUNICATION
Advanced Mobile Phone System (AMPS) – Global System for Mobile Communications (GSM) – Code division multiple access (CDMA) – Cellular Concept and Frequency Reuse – Channel Assignment and Hand – Overview of Multiple Access Schemes – Satellite Communication – Bluetooth.
TOTAL: 45 PERIODS
At the end of the course, the student should be able to:
- Apply analog and digital communication techniques.
- Use data and pulse communication techniques.
- Analyze Source and Error control coding.
- Utilize multi-user radio communication.
1. Wayne Tomasi, “Advanced Electronic Communication Systems”, 6th Edition, Pearson Education, 2009.
1. Simon Haykin, “Communication Systems”, 4th Edition, John Wiley & Sons, 2004
2. Rappaport T.S, “Wireless Communications: Principles and Practice”, 2nd Edition, Pearson Education, 2007
3. H.Taub, D L Schilling and G Saha, “Principles of Communication”, 3rd Edition, Pearson Education, 2007.
4. B. P.Lathi, “Modern Analog and Digital Communication Systems”, 3rd Edition, Oxford University Press, 2007.
5. Blake, “Electronic Communication Systems”, Thomson Delmar Publications, 2002.
6. Martin S.Roden, “Analog and Digital Communication System”, 3rd Edition, Prentice Hall of India, 2002.
7. B.Sklar, “Digital Communication Fundamentals and Applications” 2nd Edition Pearson Education 2007.
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For CS6304 ADC Previous Year Question Papers – Click here
For CS6304 ADC Question Bank/2marks 16marks with answers – Click here
For CS6304 ADC Important Questions/Answer Key – Click here
For CS6304 ADC Lecture Notes – Click here
Anna University 3rd SEM CSE ADC Syllabus
CS6304 Analog and Digital Communication Syllabus free download
Anna University CSE ADC Syllabus Regulation 2013
CS6304 Syllabus, ADC Unit wise Syllabus – CSE 3rd Semester