CS6402 DAA Syllabus
Anna University Regulation 2013 Computer Science Engineering (CSE) CS6402 DAA Important Questions for all 5 units are provided below. Download link for CSE 6th SEM CS6402 DESIGN AND ANALYSIS OF ALGORITHMS Answer Key is listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
Anna University Regulation 2013 Computer Science Engineering (CSE)
6th SEM CS6402 DAA-DESIGN AND ANALYSIS OF ALGORITHMS Syllabus
The student should be made to:
- Learn the algorithm analysis techniques.
- Become familiar with the different algorithm design techniques.
- Understand the limitations of Algorithm power.UNIT I INTRODUCTION
Brute Force – Closest-Pair and Convex-Hull Problems-Exhaustive Search – Traveling Salesman Problem – Knapsack Problem – Assignment problem.
Divide and conquer methodology – Merge sort – Quick sort – Binary search – Multiplication of Large Integers – Strassen‟s Matrix Multiplication-Closest-Pair and Convex-Hull Problems.
UNIT III DYNAMIC PROGRAMMING AND GREEDY TECHNIQUE 9
Computing a Binomial Coefficient – Warshall‟s and Floyd‟ algorithm – Optimal Binary Search Trees – Knapsack Problem and Memory functions. Greedy Technique– Prim‟s algorithm- Kruskal’s Algorithm- Dijkstra’s Algorithm-Huffman Trees.
The Simplex Method-The Maximum-Flow Problem – Maximm Matching in Bipartite Graphs- The Stable marriage Problem.
UNIT V COPING WITH THE LIMITATIONS OF ALGORITHM POWER 9
Limitations of Algorithm Power-Lower-Bound Arguments-Decision Trees-P, NP and NP-Complete Problems–Coping with the Limitations – Backtracking – n-Queens problem – Hamiltonian Circuit Problem – Subset Sum Problem-Branch and Bound – Assignment problem – Knapsack Problem – Traveling Salesman Problem- Approximation Algorithms for NP – Hard Problems – Traveling Salesman problem – Knapsack problem.
TOTAL: 45 PERIODS
At the end of the course, the student should be able to:
- Design algorithms for various computing problems.
- Analyze the time and space complexity of algorithms.
- Critically analyze the different algorithm design techniques for a given problem.
- Modify existing algorithms to improve efficiency.TEXT BOOK:
1. Anany Levitin, “Introduction to the Design and Analysis of Algorithms”, Third Edition, Pearson Education, 2012.
- Thomas H.Cormen, Charles E.Leiserson, Ronald L. Rivest and Clifford Stein, “Introduction to Algorithms”, Third Edition, PHI Learning Private Limited, 2012.
- Alfred V. Aho, John E. Hopcroft and Jeffrey D. Ullman, “Data Structures and Algorithms”, Pearson Education, Reprint 2006.
- Donald E. Knuth, “The Art of Computer Programming”, Volumes 1& 3 Pearson Education, 2009. Steven S. Skiena, “The Algorithm Design Manual”, Second Edition, Springer, 2008.
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For CS6402 DAA Previous Year Question Papers – Click here
For CS6402 DAA Question Bank/2marks 16marks with answers – Click here
For CS6402 DAA Important Questions/Answer Key – Click here
For CS6402 DAA Lecture Notes – Click here
Anna University 4th SEM CSE DAA Syllabus
CS6402 DESIGN AND ANALYSIS OF ALGORITHMS Syllabus free download
Anna University CSE DAA Syllabus Regulation 2013
CS6402 Syllabus, DAA Unit wise Syllabus – CSE 4th Semester