Anna University Regulation 2013 Information Technology (IT) CS6403 SE old Question Papers for previous years are provided below. Download link for IT 4th SEM CS6403 Software Engineering Previous Year Question Papers are listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
B.E./B.Tech. DEGREE EXAMINATION, MAY/JUNE 2012.
Subject Code : IT 2251/142401/IT 4111T 1251 A110144
Subject Name : SOFTWARE ENGINEERING AND QUALITY ASSURANCE (Regulation 2008)
Time : Three hours Maximum: 100 marks
Answer ALL questions.
PART A — (10 x 2 = 20 marks)
1. Name the task regions of a Spiral model.
2. What are different approaches to the sizing problem?
3. What is the need for a Data Dictionary?
4. What is requirement validation? Who is responsible for this activity?
5. What is the importance of UT design?
6. What is design heuristics?
7. What is smoke testing? .
8. Define testability.
9. Differentiate metrics with measurement.
10. What is the purpose of a SQA plan? What does it identify?
PART B — (5 x 16 = 80 marks)
11. (a) (i) Suppose you have to develop a software for a.client with minimum risk involved in development. But the client is not in a position to define the detailed input and output requirements. In this situation which software process model would you choose? Justify your answer. (8)
(ii) What is Systems Engineering? Explain. (8)
(b) (i) Differentiate the features of various software lifecycle models highlighting their advantages and disadvantages. (10) (ii) Explain the concept of Business Process Engineering. (6)
12. (a) (i) Discuss the problems of using natural language for defining user and system requirements and give small examples of how structuring natural language into forms can help avoid some of the difficulties. (8)
(ii) Explain how a software requirement document is structured. (8)
(b) An automated ticket issuing system sells rail tickets. Users select their destination, and input a credit card and a personal identification number. The rail ticket is issued and their credit card account charged with its cost. When the user presses the start button, a menu display of potential destinations is activated along with a message to the user to select the destination. Once a destination has been selected, users are requested to input a personal identifier. When the credit transaction has been validated, the ticket is issued.
(i) Write a set of a non functional requirements setting out its expected reliability and its response time.
(ii) Identify the ambiguities or omissions in the statement and write the system requirements using java based notation. Any reasonable assumptions could be made. (16)
13 (a) Write short notes on : (i) User Interface Design. (8)
(ii) Modular design. (8) Or
(b) Explain the various steps involved in analysing and designing a data acquisition system. (16)
14 (a) (i) Is it beneficial to allow users to test the software before finally accepting it? If yes Whý? Explain the testing through which the user tests the software. What are the various levels of testing that could be performed for a particular software. (10)
(ii) Explain with example, how boundary conditions in a software are tested. (6)
(b) Write short notes on: (i) Regression testing (ii) Validation testing (iii) Mutation testing (iv) Coverage based testing. (16)
15. (a) Design a project database system that would enable software engineer to store, crossreference, trace. update, change. etc. all-important S/w configuration items. How woild the database handle different versions of the same program? How will two developers be precluded from making different changes to the same SCI at the same time? (16)
(b) (i) Explain the various types of process metric that may be collected as part of a process improvement process. Give an example for each type of metric. (6)
(ii) Explain the various levels of SEI process capability maturity model. (10)
CS6403 SE Question Paper1– Download Here
CS6403 SE Question Paper2– Download Here
CS6403 SE Question Paper3– Download Here
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For CS6403 SE Question Bank/2marks 16marks with answers – Click here
For CS6403 SE Important Questions/Answer Key – Click here
For CS6403 SE Lecture Notes – Click here
Anna University 4th SEM IT SE Question Papers with answers
CS6403 Software Engineering previous year question papers free download
Anna University IT SE old question papers Regulation 2013
CS6403 Question Papers with answers, SE previous year question bank – IT 4th Semester