CS6403 SE Syllabus
Anna University Regulation 2013 Computer Science Engineering (CSE) CS6403 SE Important Questions for all 5 units are provided below. Download link for CSE 4th SEM CS6403 SOFTWARE ENGINEERING Answer Key is listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
Anna University Regulation 2013 Computer Science Engineering (CSE)
4th SEM CS6403 SE-SOFTWARE ENGINEERING Syllabus
CS6403 SOFTWARE ENGINEERING L T P C 3 0 0 3
The student should be made to:
- Understand the phases in a software project
- Understand fundamental concepts of requirements engineering and Analysis Modelling.
- Understand the major considerations for enterprise integration and deployment.
- Learn various testing and maintenance measures
UNIT I SOFTWARE PROCESS AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT
Introduction to Software Engineering, Software Process, Perspective and Specialized Process Models – Software Project Management: Estimation – LOC and FP Based Estimation, COCOMO Model – Project Scheduling – Scheduling, Earned Value Analysis – Risk Management.
UNIT II REQUIREMENTS ANALYSIS AND SPECIFICATION
Software Requirements: Functional and Non-Functional, User requirements, System requirements, Software Requirements Document – Requirement Engineering Process: Feasibility Studies, Requirements elicitation and analysis, requirements validation, requirements management-Classical analysis: Structured system Analysis, Petri Nets- Data Dictionary.
UNIT III SOFTWARE DESIGN
Design process – Design Concepts-Design Model– Design Heuristic – Architectural Design – Architectural styles, Architectural Design, Architectural Mapping using Data Flow- User Interface Design: Interface analysis, Interface Design –Component level Design: Designing Class based components, traditional Components.
UNIT IV TESTING AND IMPLEMENTATION
Software testing fundamentals-Internal and external views of Testing-white box testing- basis path testing-control structure testing-black box testing- Regression Testing – Unit Testing – Integration Testing – Validation Testing – System Testing And Debugging – Software Implementation Techniques: Coding practices-Refactoring.
UNIT V PROJECT MANAGEMENT
Estimation – FP Based, LOC Based, Make/Buy Decision, COCOMO II – Planning – Project Plan, Planning Process, RFP Risk Management – Identification, Projection, RMMM – Scheduling and Tracking –Relationship between people and effort, Task Set & Network, Scheduling, EVA – Process and Project Metrics.
At the end of the course, the student should be able to
- Identify the key activities in managing a software project.
- Compare different process models.
- Concepts of requirements engineering and Analysis Modeling.
- Apply systematic procedure for software design and deployment.
- Compare and contrast the various testing and maintenance.TEXT BOOK:
- Ian Sommerville, “Software Engineering”, 9th Edition, Pearson Education Asia, 2011.
- Rajib Mall, “Fundamentals of Software Engineering”, Third Edition, PHI Learning PrivateLimited ,2009.
- Pankaj Jalote, “Software Engineering, A Precise Approach”, Wiley India, 2010.
- Kelkar S.A., “Software Engineering”, Prentice Hall of India Pvt Ltd, 2007.
- Stephen R.Schach, “Software Engineering”, Tata McGraw-Hill Publishing Company Limited,2007.
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For CS6403 SE Previous Year Question Papers – Click here
For CS6403 SE Question Bank/2marks 16marks with answers – Click here
For CS6403 SE Important Questions/Answer Key – Click here
For CS6403 SE Lecture Notes – Click here
Anna University 4th SEM CSE SE Syllabus
CS6403 SOFTWARE ENGINEERING Syllabus free download
Anna University CSE SE Syllabus Regulation 2013
CS6403 Syllabus, SE Unit wise Syllabus – CSE 4th Semester