Anna University Regulation 2013 Information Technology (IT) CS6551 CN 2marks & 16marks for all 5 units are provided below. Download link for IT 5th SEM CS6551 Computer Networks Short answers, Question Bank are listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
1. What is function of transport layer?
The protocol in the transport layer takes care in the delivery of data from one application program on one device to an application program on another device. They act as a link between the upper layer protocols and the services provided by the lower layer.
2. What are the duties of the transport layer?
The services provided by the transport layer
- End-to- end delivery
- Reliable delivery
- Flow control
3. What is the difference between network layer delivery and the transport layer delivery?
Network layer delivery
* The network layer is responsible for the the source-to-destination delivery of packet
* The transport layer is responsible for source-to-destination delivery of the entire message.
Transport layer delivery across multiple network links.
The transport layer is responsible for source-to-destination delivery of the entire message.
4. What are the four aspects related to the reliable delivery of data?
The four aspects are, Error control, Sequence control, Loss control, Duplication control.
5. What is meant by segment?
At the sending and receiving end of the transmission, TCP divides long transmissions into smaller data units and packages each into a frame called a segment.
6. What is meant by segmentation?
When the size of the data unit received from the upper layer is too long for the network layer datagram or data link layer frame to handle, the transport protocol divides it into smaller usable blocks. The dividing process is called segmentation.
7. What is meant by Concatenation?
The size of the data unit belonging to single sessions are so small that several can fit together into a single datagram or frame, the transport protocol combines them into a single data unit. The combining process is called concatenation.
8. What are the types of multiplexing?
The types of multiplexing are, Upward multiplexing Downward multiplexing
9. What are the two possible transport services?
Two basic types of transport services are, Connection service Connection-less services
10. The transport layer creates the connection between source and destination. What are the three events involved in the connection?
For security, the transport layer may create a connection between the two end ports. A connection is a single logical path between the source and destination that is associated with all packets in a message.
Creating a connection involves three steps:
- Connection establishment
- Data transfer & Connection release.
CS6551 CN Unit 1 2marks & 16marks – Download Here
CS6551 CN Unit 2 2marks & 16marks – Download Here
CS6551 CN Unit 3 2marks & 16marks – Download Here
CS6551 CN Unit 4 2marks & 16marks – Download Here
CS6551 CN Unit 5 2marks & 16marks – Download Here
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For CS6551 CN Previous Year Question Papers – Click here
For CS6551 CN Important Questions/Answer Key – Click here
For CS6551 CN Lecture Notes – Click here
Anna University 5th SEM IT CN 2marks 16 marks
CS6551 Computer Networks question bank free download
Anna University IT CN short answers Regulation 2013
CS6551 2marks, CN Unit wise short answers – IT 5th Semester