CS6551 CN Question Papers
Anna University Regulation 2013 Computer Science & Engineering CSE CS6551 CN old Question Papers for previous years are provided below. Download link for CSE 4th SEM CS6551 COMPUTER NETWORKS Previous Year Question Papers are listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
Anna University Regulation 2013 Computer Science & Engineering CSE
4th SEM CS6551 CN – COMPUTER NETWORKS
Previous Year Question Papers
Answer ALL questions
PART A (10 × 2 = 20 marks)
1 Give the purpose of layering.
2. Mention the advantage and disadvantage of error correction by receiver, as compared to error detection.
3. How is the minimum size of an ethernet frame determined?
4. How does an FDDI node determine whether it can send asynchronous traffic and synchronous traffic?
5. Compare circuit switching and virtual circuit based packet switching, in respect of queuing and forwarding delays.
6. Differentiate between connection less operation and connection oriented operation.
7. Why is UDP pseudo header included in UDP checksum calculation? What is the effect of an invalid checksum at the receiving UDP?
8. How can the effect of jitter be compensated? What types of applications require this compensation?
9. What are the advantages of allowing persistent TCP connections in HTTP?
10. Is a cryptographic hash function, an irreversible mapping? Justify your answer.
PART B (5 × 16 = 80 marks)
11 a) i) Discuss the framing technique used in HDLC. What is the effect of errors on this framing? (8)
ii) The message 11001001 is to be transmitted using CRC error detection algorithm. Assuming the CRC polynomial to be x 3 + 1, determine the message that should be transmitted. If the second left most bit is corrupted, show that it is detected by the receiver. (8)
b) i) Discuss the principle of stop and wait flow control algorithm. Draw time line diagrams and explain how loss of a frame and loss of an ACK are handled. What is the effect of delay-bandwidth product on link utilization? (8)
ii) Assume that a frame consists of 6 characters encoded in 7-bit ASCII. Attach a parity bit for every character to maintain even parity. Also attach a similar parity bit for each bit position across each of the bytes in the frame. Show that such a 2-dimensional parity scheme can detect all 1-bit, 2-bit and 3-bit and can correct a single bit error. (8)
12 a) i) An IEEE 802.5 token ring has 5 stations and a total wire length of 230m. How many bits of delay must the monitor insert into the ring? Calculate this for both 4 Mbps and 16 Mbps rings. The propagation speed may be assumed to be 2.3 × 108 m/s. (6)
ii) Discuss the problems encountered in applying CSMA/CD algorithm to wireless LANs. How does 802.11 specification solve these problems. (10)
b) i) Discuss the limitations of bridges. (6) ii) Determine the maximum distance between any pair of stations in a CSMA/CD network with a data rate of 10 Mbps, for the correct operation of collision detection process, assuming the frame size to be 512 bits. What should be the maximum distance, if the data rate is increased to 1 Gbps? 2 stations A and B, connected to opposite ends of a 10-Mbps CSMA/CD network, start transmission of long frames at times t1 = 0, and t2 = 3µs respectively. Determine the instants when A hears the collision and B hears the collision. Signal propagation speed may be assumed as 2 × 108 m/s. (10)
CS6551 CN Question Papers Part -1 – Download Here
CS6551 CN Question Papers Part -2 – Download Here
CS6551 CN Question Papers Part -3 – Download Here
CS6551 CN Question Papers Part -4 – Download Here
CS6551 CN Question Papers Part -5 – Download Here
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For CS6551 CN Question Bank/2marks 16marks with answers – Click here
For CS6551 CN Important Questions/Answer Key – Click here
For CS6551 CN Lecture Notes – Click here
Anna University 4th SEM CSE CN Question Papers with answers
CS6551 COMPUTER NETWORKS previous year question papers free download
Anna University CSE CN old question papers Regulation 2013
CS6551 Question Papers with answers, CN previous year question bank – CSE 4th Semester