CS6601 DS 2marks-16marks
Anna University Regulation 2013 Computer Science & Engineering (CSE) CS6601 DS 2marks & 16marks for all 5 units are provided below. Download link for CSE 6th SEM CS6601 Distributed Systems Short answers, Question Bank are listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
CS6601 DISTRIBUTED SYSTEMS QUESTION BANK UNIT-I 2-marks
- 1.What is meant distributed system?
- 1. We define a distributed system as a collection of autonomous computers linked by a network, with software designed to produce an integrated computing facility.
- 2. A system in which hardware or software components located at networked computers communicate and coordinate their actions only by message passing.
- 3. A collection of two or more independent computers which coordinate their processing through the exchange of synchronous or asynchronous message passing.
- 4. A collection of independent computers that appear to the users of the system as a single computers.
2. What are the significance of distributed system?
- a. Concurrency of computers.
- b. No global clock. c. Independent failures.
3. Why we do you need distributed system?
- a. Functional distribution: Computers have different functional capabilities (i.e., sharing of resources with specific functionalities).
- b. Load distribution/balancing: Assign tasks to processors such that the overall system performance is optimized.
- c. Replication of processing power: Independent processors working on the same task.
- d. Distributed system consisting of collections of microcomputers may have processing powers that no supercomputer will ever achieve.
- e. Physical separation: Systems that rely on the fact that computers are physically separated (e.g., to satisfy reliability requirements).
- f. Economics: Collections of microprocessors offer a better price/performance ratio than large mainframes.mainframes:10 times faster, 1000 times as expensive.
4. Examples of distributed system?
- a. Internet
- b. Intranet
- c. Mobile and ubiquitous computing.
5. What is meant by location aware computing?
Mobile computing is the performance of computing tasks while the users are on the move and away from their residence intranet but still provided with access to resources via the devices they carry with them. They can continue to access the intranet, they can continue to access resources in their home intranet, and there is increasing provision for users to utilize resources such as printers that are conveniently nearby as they move around. This is known as location aware computing.
7. List the importance of data sharing?
- x Software developers working in a team need to access each other’s code and share the same development tools.
- x Many commercial applications enable users to access shared data objects in a single active database.
- x The rapidly growing area of group- ware tools enables users to cooperate with in a network.
8. Write the technological components of web?
- x HTML
- x HTTP-request-reply protocol
- x URL’s
9. List the distributed systems challenges?
- a. Heterogeneity: standards and protocols; middleware; virtual machine;
- b. Openness: publication of services; notification of interfaces;
- c: Security: firewalls; encryption;
- d. Scalability: replication; caching; multiple servers;
- e. Failure Handling. failure tolerance; recover/roll-back; redundancy;
- f. Concurrency. concurrency control to ensure data consistency.
- g. Transparency. Middleware; location transparent naming; anonymity
10. What are the three components of security?
Security for information resources has three components: x Confidentiality: production against disclosure to unauthorized individuals. x Integrity: production against or corruption. x Availability: production against interference with the means to access the resources.
11. What is the use of firewall?
A firewall can be used to form a barrier around an intranet to protect it from outside users but does not deal with ensuring the appropriate use of resources by users within the intranet.
CS6601 DS Unit 1 2marks & 16marks – Download Here
CS6601 DS Unit 2 2marks & 16marks – Download Here
CS6601 DS Unit 3 2marks&16marks – Download Here
CS6601 DS Unit 4 2marks&16marks – Download Here
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For CS6601 DS Previous Year Question Papers – Click here
For CS6601 DS Important Questions/Answer Key – Click here
For CS6601 DS Lecture Notes – Click here
Anna University 6th SEM CSE DS 2marks 16 marks
CS6601 Distributed Systems question bank free download
Anna University CSE DS short answers Regulation 2013
CS6601 2marks, DS Unit wise short answers – CSE 6th Semester