CS6601 DS Syllabus
Anna University Regulation 2013 Computer Science & Engineering (CSE) CS6601 DS Important Questions for all 5 units are provided below. Download link for CSE 6th SEM CS6601 Distributed Systems Answer Key is listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
Anna University Regulation 2013 Computer Science & Engineering (CSE) 6th SEM CS6601 DS-Distributed Systems Syllabus
CS6601 DS Syllabus DISTRIBUTED SYSTEMS L T P C 3 0 0 3
The student should be made to:
- Understand foundations of Distributed Systems.
- Introduce the idea of peer to peer services and file system.
- Understand in detail the system level and support required for distributed system.
- Understand the issues involved in studying process and resource management.
Examples of Distributed Systems–Trends in Distributed Systems – Focus on resource sharing – Challenges. Case study: World Wide Web.
UNIT II COMMUNICATION IN DISTRIBUTED SYSTEM 10
System Model – Inter process Communication – the API for internet protocols – External data representation and Multicast communication. Network virtualization: Overlay networks. Case study: MPI Remote Method Invocation And Objects: Remote Invocation – Introduction – Request-reply protocols – Remote procedure call – Remote method invocation. Case study: Java RMI – Group communication – Publish-subscribe systems – Message queues – Shared memory approaches – Distributed objects – Case study: Enterprise Java Beans -from objects to components.
UNIT III PEER TO PEER SERVICES AND FILE SYSTEM 10
Peer-to-peer Systems – Introduction – Napster and its legacy – Peer-to-peer – Middleware – Routing overlays. Overlay case studies: Pastry, Tapestry- Distributed File Systems –Introduction – File service architecture – Andrew File system. File System: Features-File model -File accessing models – File sharing semantics Naming: Identifiers, Addresses, Name Resolution – Name Space Implementation – Name Caches – LDAP.
UNIT IV SYNCHRONIZATION AND REPLICATION 9
Introduction – Clocks, events and process states – Synchronizing physical clocks- Logical time and logical clocks – Global states – Coordination and Agreement – Introduction – Distributed mutual exclusion – Elections – Transactions and Concurrency Control– Transactions -Nested transactions – Locks – Optimistic concurrency control – Timestamp ordering – Atomic Commit protocols -Distributed deadlocks – Replication – Case study – Coda.
UNIT V PROCESS & RESOURCE MANAGEMENT 9 Process Management: Process Migration: Features, Mechanism – Threads: Models, Issues, Implementation. Resource Management: Introduction- Features of Scheduling Algorithms –Task Assignment Approach – Load Balancing Approach – Load Sharing Approach.
At the end of the course, the student should be able to:
- Discuss trends in Distributed Systems.
- Apply network virtualization.
- Apply remote method invocation and objects.
- Design process and resource management systems.TEXT BOOK:
- Pradeep K Sinha, “Distributed Operating Systems: Concepts and Design”, Prentice Hall of India, 2007.
- Tanenbaum A.S., Van Steen M., “Distributed Systems: Principles and Paradigms”, Pearson Education, 2007.
- Liu M.L., “Distributed Computing, Principles and Applications”, Pearson Education, 2004.
- Nancy A Lynch, “Distributed Algorithms”, Morgan Kaufman Publishers, USA, 2003.
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For CS6601 DS Previous Year Question Papers – Click here
For CS6601 DS Question Bank/2marks 16marks with answers – Click here
For CS6601 DS Important Questions/Answer Key – Click here
For CS6601 DS Lecture Notes – Click here
Anna University 6th SEM CSE DS Syllabus
CS6601 Distributed Systems Syllabus free download
Anna University CSE DS Syllabus Regulation 2013
CS6601 Syllabus, DS Unit wise Syllabus – CSE 6th Semester
CS6601 DS Syllabus