CS8601 MC Notes
Anna University Regulation 2017 CSC CS8601 MC Notes, MOBILE COMPUTING Lecture Handwritten Notes for all 5 units are provided below. Download link for CSC 6th Sem MOBILE COMPUTING Notes are listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
CS8601 MC MOBILE COMPUTING
Introduction to Mobile Computing
The rapidly expanding technology of cellular communication, wireless LANs, and satellite services will make information accessible anywhere and at any time. Regardless of size, most mobile computers will be equipped with a wireless connection to the fixed part of the network, and, perhaps, to other mobile computers. The resulting computing environment, which is often referred to as mobile or nomadic computing, no longer requires users to maintain a fixed and universally known position in the network and enables almost unrestricted mobility. Mobility and portability will create an entire new class of applications and, possibly, new massive markets combining personal computing and consumer electronics.
Mobile Computing is an umbrella term used to describe technologies that enable people to access network services anyplace, anytime, and anywhere.A communication device can exhibit any one of the following characteristics:
1. F i x e d and wired: This configuration describes the typical desktop computer in an office. Neither weight nor power consumption of the devices allow for mobile usage. The devices use fixed networks for performance reasons.
2. M o b i l e and wired: Many of today’s laptops fall into this category; users carry the laptop from one hotel to the next, reconnecting to the company’s network via the telephone network and a modem.
3. F i x e d and wireless: This mode is used for installing networks, e.g., in historical buildings to avoid damage by installing wires, or at trade shows to ensure fast network setup.
4. M o b i l e and wireless: This is the most interesting case. No cable restricts the user, who can roam between different wireless networks. Most technologies discussed in this book deal with this type of device and the networks supporting them. Today’s most successful example for this category is GSM with more than 800 million users.
APPLICATIONS OF MOBILE COMPUTING
In many fields of work, the ability to keep on the move is vital in order to utilisetime efficiently. The importance of Mobile Computers has been highlighted in many fields of which a few are described below:
1. Vehicles: Music, news, road conditions, weather reports, and other broadcast information are received via digital audio broadcasting (DAB) with 1.5 Mbit/s. For personal communication, a universal mobile telecommunications system (UMTS)
phone might be available offering voice and data connectivity with 384 kbit/s. The current position of the car is determined via the global positioning system (GPS). Cars driving in the same area build a local ad-hoc network for the fast exchange of information in emergency situations or to help each other keep a safe distance. In case of an accident, not only will the airbag be triggered, but the police and ambulance
CS8601 MC Unit 1 notes – Download Here
CS8601 MC Unit 2 notes – Download Here
CS8601 MC Unit 3 notes – Download Here
CS8601 MC Unit 4 notes – Download Here
CS8601 MC Unit 5 notes – Download Here
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For CS8601 MC Previous Year Question Papers – Click here
For CS8601 MC Question Bank/2marks 16marks with answers – Click here
For CS8601 MC Important Questions/Answer Key – Click here
For CS8601 MC Lecture Handwritten Notes – Click here
CS8601 MC Notes
Anna University 6th Sem CSC MC Lecture Handwritten Notes
CS8601 MOBILE COMPUTING Notes free download
Anna University CSC MC Notes Regulation 2017
CS8601Notes, MC Unit wise Lecture Handwritten Notes – CSC 6th Semester