CS8602 CD 2marks
Anna University Regulation 2017 COMPUTER SCIENCE ENGINEERING CS8602 CD 2marks & 16marks for all 5 units are provided below. CS8602 CD Short answers, Question Bank for COMPILER DESIGN Engineering are listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
CS6660 COMPILER DESIGN
1. What is a Complier?
A Complier is a program that reads a program written in one language-the source
language-and translates it in to an equivalent program in another language-the target language .
As an important part of this translation process, the compiler reports to its user the presence of
errors in the source program
2. State some software tools that manipulate source program?
i. Structure editors
ii. Pretty printers
3. What are the cousins of compiler?
The following are the cousins of
iv. Link editors.
4. What are the main two parts of compilation? What are they performing?
The two main parts are
• Analysis part breaks up the source program into constituent pieces and creates an
intermediate representation of the source program.
• Synthesis part constructs the desired target program from the intermediate representation
5. What is a Structure editor?
A structure editor takes as input a sequence of commands to build a source program .The
structure editor not only performs the text creation and modification functions of an ordinary text
editor but it also analyzes the program text putting an appropriate hierarchical structure on the
6. What are a Pretty Printer and Static Checker?
• A Pretty printer analyses a program and prints it in such a way that the structure of the
program becomes clearly visible.
• A static checker reads a program, analyses it and attempts to discover potential bugs with
out running the program.
7. How many phases does analysis consists?
Analysis consists of three phases
i .Linear analysis
ii. Hierarchical analysis
iii. Semantic analysis
8. What happens in linear analysis?
This is the phase in which the stream of characters making up the source program is read
from left to right and grouped in to tokens that are sequences of characters having collective
CS8602 CD Unit 1 2marks & 16marks – Download Here
CS8602 CD Unit 2 2marks & 16marks – Download Here
CS8602 CD Unit 3 2marks & 16marks – Download Here
CS8602 CD Unit 4 2marks & 16marks – Download Here
CS8602 CD All Units 2marks & 16marks – Download Here
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For CS8602 CD Previous Year Question Papers – Click here
For CS8602 CD Important Questions/Answer Key – Click here
For CS8602 CD Lecture Handwritten Notes – Click here
CS8602 CD 2marks
Anna University 6th Sem COMPUTER SCIENCE ENGINEERING CD 2marks 16 marks
CS8602 COMPILER DESIGN Engineering question bank free download
Anna University COMPUTER SCIENCE ENGINEERING CD short answers Regulation 2017
CS8602 2marks, CD Unit wise short answers – COMPUTER SCIENCE ENGINEERING 6th Semester