Anna University Regulation 2013 Information Technology (IT) CY6151 CHEM1 Important Questions for all 5 units are provided below. Download link for IT 1st SEM CY6151 Engineering Chemistry 1 Answer Key is listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
DEPARTMENT OF CHEMISTRY
CY6151- ENGINEERING CHEMISTRY-1
UNIT-3 PHOTOCHEMISTRY AND SPECTROSCOPY
PART-A (2 MARKS)
1. What is photochemistry?
2. What are dark reactions?
3. What are the differences between photochemical and thermal reactions?
4. Write the statement of Grotthus-Draper Law.
5. State Stark-Einstein law of photochemical equivalence.
6. State Lambertz law.
7. Define Beer-Lambertz law.
8. Define Quantum Yield.
9. Define Photosensitization.
10. What is quenching?
11. What is fluorescence?
12. What is phosphorescence?
13. What is IC and ISC?
14. What is chemiluminescene?
15. What is meant by the term absorption spectroscopy?
16. Differentiate chromophores and auxochromes with examples.
17. What are the various types of electronic transitions?
18. What is finger print region? Mention its important uses?
19. Define the term Bathochromic Shift.
20. Calculate the energy per mole of light having wavelength of 85 nm.
PART-B (16 MARKS)
1. (i) With the help of jablonski diagram, explain the radiative and non-radiative pathways for an electronic transition.
(ii) How quantum efficiency is determined experimentally? Explain.
2. (i) Distinguish between (a) Fluorescence and Phosphorescence (b) Thermal and photochemical reactions
(ii) Define and mention reason for high and low quantum yield?
3. (i) Explain the statement, derivation and the limitations of Beer-lambertz law?
(ii) A monochromatic light is passed through a cell of 1 cm length. The intensity is reduced by 10%. If the same radiation is passed through the same solution in a cell of length 8 cm, what is the transmittance? Calculate the length of the cell in order to have 20% absorption.I0 = 100%, I=90% because reduction in intensity is 10%.
4. (i) Explain the Chemiluminescence and Photosensitization with suitable examples.
(ii) Calculate the energy associated with (a) one photon, (b) one Einstein of radiation of wavelength 8000 Å.
5. (i) (a) How do atomic spectra differ from molecular spectra ?
(b) How do emission spectra differ from absorption spectra?
(ii) What are electromagnetic spectrum and explain the characteristics of it.
6. (i) Explain in detail about the Rotational, Vibrational and Electronic transitions.
(ii) Explain the various changes occurring during absorption of radiation and what are the factors affecting it.
7. (i) Explain the principle of IR spectroscopy and discuss the functions of various components in IR spectro-photometer.
(ii) Discuss the applications of IR spectroscopy.
8. (i) Discuss the principle, instrumentation and working mechanism of UV-Visible spectroscopy.
(ii) Discuss the applications of UV-Visible spectroscopy.
9. (i) Write a note on a) Finger print region b) Phosphorescence.
(ii) Explain the types of stretching and bending vibrations with suitable examples.
10. (i) State the following (a) Hypsochromic shift, (b) Hyper chromic shift, (c) Hypochromic shift, and (d) Bathochromic shift
(ii) Differentiate Chromophore from Auxochrome.
CY6151 CHEM1 All units Important Questions – Download Here
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For CY6151 CHEM1 Previous Year Question Papers – Click here
For CY6151 CHEM1 Question Bank/2marks 16marks with answers – Click here
For CY6151 CHEM1 Lecture Notes – Click here
Anna University 1st SEM IT CHEM1 Important Questions
CY6151 Engineering Chemistry 1 Answer Key free download
Anna University IT CHEM1 Important Questions Regulation 2013
CY6151 Answer Key, CHEM1 Unit wise Important Questions- IT 1st Semester