Anna University Regulation 2013 Information Technology (IT) CY6251 CHEM 2 Important Questions for all 5 units are provided below. Download link for IT 2nd SEM CY6251 Engineering Chemistry 2 Answer Key is listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
Unit-II – Electrochemistry and Corrosion
Part-A ( 2 Marks)
1. Define Electrochemical (Galvanic) cell?
2. Describe Standard Electrode Potential?
3. What are the factors which affects the emf of the cell?
4. Can we use nickel spatula to stir a solution of copper sulphate?
5. Define a reference electrode. Give an example.
6. Write the significance of electrochemical series.
7. Illustrate the conditions for an electrochemical cell to act as a standard cell.
8. What is corrosion? Give an example.
9. What is Pilling-Bedworth rule?Discuss its importance.
10. State Pilling-Bedworth ratio?
11. Compare Dry corrosion and Wet corrosion.
12. Bolt and nut made of same metal is preferred in practice. Why?
13. What is water line corrosion? Give example.
14. Discuss pitting corrosion.
15. Explain cathodic protection. Mention its two applications.
16. How is galvanic corrosion prevented?
17. What is a paint? Mention its constituents.
18. Describe electroplating? (or) Give the principle of Electrodeposition.
19. What do you understand by acid pickling?
20. Classify are the advantages of electroless plating over electroplating.
Part-B ( 16 Marks)
1. (i) Derive Nernst equation and give its significance (applications).
(ii) Calculate the standard electrode potential of zinc electrode dipped in 0.1 M ZnSO4 at 25⁰C (E⁰Zn/Zn2+ = 0.76 V)
2. (i) Compare electrolytic cell and electrochemical cell.
(ii) Discuss the measurement of single electrode potential.
3. (i) Consider the cell reaction Zn+Fe2+ (0.005) → Zn2+ (0.01) + Fe. Given that the standard emf of the cell is 0.323V at 298K. Construct the cell and calculate emf of cell.
(ii) Calculate the reduction potential of Cu2+ (0.5M) / Cu at 25⁰C. E⁰ (Cu2+/Cu) = 0.337 V
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
Anna University 2nd SEM IT CHEM 2 Important Questions
CY6251 Engineering Chemistry 2 Answer Key free download
Anna University IT CHEM 2 Important Questions Regulation 2013
CY6251 Answer Key, CHEM 2 Unit wise Important Questions- IT 2nd Semester