EC6402 CT Syllabus
Anna University Regulation 2013 Electronic Communications Engineering (ECE) EC6402 CT Important Questions for all 5 units are provided below. Download link for ECE 4th SEM EC6402 COMMUNICATION THEORY Answer Key is listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
Anna University Regulation 2013 Electronic Communications Engineering (ECE)
4th SEM EC6402 CT-COMMUNICATION THEORY Syllabus
EC6402 COMMUNICATION THEORY L T P C 3 0 0 3
- x To introduce the concepts of various analog modulations and their spectral characteristics.
- x To understand the properties of random process.
- x To know the effect of noise on communication systems.
- x To study the limits set by Information Theory.
UNIT I AMPLITUDE MODULATION 9
Generation and detection of AM wave-spectra-DSBSC, Hilbert Transform, Pre-envelope & complex envelope – SSB and VSB –comparison -Superheterodyne Receiver.
UNIT II ANGLE MODULATION 9
Phase and frequency modulation-Narrow Band and Wind band FM – Spectrum – FM modulation and demodulation – FM Discriminator- PLL as FM Demodulator – Transmission bandwidth.
UNIT III RANDOM PROCESS 9
Random variables, Central limit Theorem, Random Process, Stationary Processes, Mean, Correlation & Covariance functions, Power Spectral Density, Ergodic Processes, Gaussian Process, Transmission of a Random Process Through a LTI filter.
UNIT IV NOISE CHARACTERIZATION 9
Noise sources and types – Noise figure and noise temperature – Noise in cascaded systems. Narrow band noise – PSD of in-phase and quadrature noise –Noise performance in AM systems – Noise performance in FM systems – Pre-emphasis and de-emphasis – Capture effect, threshold effect.
UNIT V INFORMATION THEORY 9
Entropy – Discrete Memoryless channels – Channel Capacity -Hartley – Shannon law – Source coding theorem – Huffman & Shannon – Fano codes TOTAL: 45 PERIODS
- 1. J.G.Proakis, M.Salehi, “Fundamentals of Communication Systems”, Pearson Education 2006.
- 2. S. Haykin, “Digital Communications”, John Wiley, 2005.
- 1. B.P.Lathi, “Modern Digital and Analog Communication Systems”, 3rd Edition, Oxford University Press, 2007.
- 2. B.Sklar, “Digital Communications Fundamentals and Applications”, 2nd Edition Pearson Education 2007
- 3. H P Hsu, Schaum Outline Series – “Analog and Digital Communications” TMH 2006
- 4. Couch.L., “Modern Communication Systems”, Pearson, 2001.
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For EC6402 CT Previous Year Question Papers – Click here
For EC6402 CT Question Bank/2marks 16marks with answers – Click here
For EC6402 CT Important Questions/Answer Key – Click here
For EC6402 CT Lecture Notes – Click here
Anna University 4th SEM ECE CT Syllabus
EC6402 COMMUNICATION THEORY Syllabus free download
Anna University ECE CT Syllabus Regulation 2013
EC6402 Syllabus, CT Unit wise Syllabus – ECE 4th Semester