EC6404 LIC Syllabus
Anna University Regulation 2013 Electronic Communications Engineering (ECE) EC6404 LIC Important Questions for all 5 units are provided below. Download link for ECE 4th SEM EC6404 LINEAR INTEGRATED CIRCUITS Answer Key is listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
Anna University Regulation 2013 Electronic Communications Engineering (ECE)
4th SEM EC6404 LIC-LINEAR INTEGRATED CIRCUITS Syllabus
EC6404 LINEAR INTEGRATED CIRCUITS L T P C 3 0 0 3
- To introduce the basic building blocks of linear integrated circuits.
- To learn the linear and non-linear applications of operational amplifiers.
- To introduce the theory and applications of analog multipliers and PLL.
- To learn the theory of ADC and DAC.
- To introduce the concepts of waveform generation and introduce some special function ICs.
UNIT I BASICS OF OPERATIONAL AMPLIFIERS 9
Current mirror and current sources, Current sources as active loads, Voltage sources, Voltage References, BJT Differential amplifier with active loads, Basic information about op-amps – Ideal Operational Amplifier – General operational amplifier stages -and internal circuit diagrams of IC 741, DC and AC performance characteristics, slew rate, Open and closed loop configurations.
UNIT II APPLICATIONS OF OPERATIONAL AMPLIFIERS 9
Sign Changer, Scale Changer, Phase Shift Circuits, Voltage Follower, V-to-I and I-to-V converters, adder, subtractor, Instrumentation amplifier, Integrator, Differentiator, Logarithmic amplifier, Antilogarithmic amplifier, Comparators, Schmitt trigger, Precision rectifier, peak detector, clipper and clamper, Low-pass, high-pass and band-pass Butterworth filters.
UNIT III ANALOG MULTIPLIER AND PLL 9
Analog Multiplier using Emitter Coupled Transistor Pair – Gilbert Multiplier cell – Variable transconductance technique, analog multiplier ICs and their applications, Operation of the basic PLL, Closed loop analysis, Voltage controlled oscillator, Monolithic PLL IC 565, application of PLL for AM detection, FM detection, FSK modulation and demodulation and Frequency synthesizing.
UNIT IV ANALOG TO DIGITAL AND DIGITAL TO ANALOG CONVERTERS 9
Analog and Digital Data Conversions, D/A converter – specifications – weighted resistor type, R-2R Ladder type, Voltage Mode and Current-Mode R 2R Ladder types – switches for D/A converters, high speed sample-and-hold circuits, A/D Converters – specifications – Flash type – Successive Approximation type – Single Slope type – Dual Slope type – A/D Converter using Voltage-to-Time Conversion – Over-sampling A/D Converters.
Sine-wave generators, Multivibrators and Triangular wave generator, Saw-tooth wave generator, ICL8038 function generator, Timer IC 555, IC Voltage regulators – Three terminal fixed and adjustable voltage regulators – IC 723 general purpose regulator – Monolithic switching regulator, Switched capacitor filter IC MF10, Frequency to Voltage and Voltage to Frequency converters, Audio Power amplifier, Video Amplifier, Isolation Amplifier, Opto-couplers and fibre optic IC.
Upon Completion of the course, the students will be able to:
- Design linear and non linear applications of op – amps.
- Design applications using analog multiplier and PLL.
- Design ADC and DAC using op – amps.
- Generate waveforms using op – amp circuits.
- Analyze special function ICs.TEXT BOOKS:
- D.Roy Choudhry, Shail Jain, “Linear Integrated Circuits”, New Age International Pvt. Ltd., 2000.
- Sergio Franco, “Design with Operational Amplifiers and Analog Integrated Circuits”, 3rd Edition, Tata Mc Graw-Hill, 2007.
- Ramakant A. Gayakwad, “OP-AMP and Linear ICs”, 4th Edition, Prentice Hall / Pearson Education, 2001.
- Robert F.Coughlin, Frederick F.Driscoll, “Operational Amplifiers and Linear Integrated Circuits”, Sixth Edition, PHI, 2001.
- B.S.Sonde, “System design using Integrated Circuits” , 2nd Edition, New Age Pub, 2001
- Gray and Meyer, “Analysis and Design of Analog Integrated Circuits”, Wiley International, 2005.
- Michael Jacob, “Applications and Design with Analog Integrated Circuits”, Prentice Hall of India,1996.
- William D.Stanley, “Operational Amplifiers with Linear Integrated Circuits”, Pearson Education,2004.
- S.Salivahanan & V.S. Kanchana Bhaskaran, “Linear Integrated Circuits”, TMH, 2008.
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For EC6404 LIC Previous Year Question Papers – Click here
For EC6404 LIC Question Bank/2marks 16marks with answers – Click here
For EC6404 LIC Important Questions/Answer Key – Click here
For EC6404 LIC Lecture Notes – Click here
Anna University 4th SEM ECE LIC Syllabus
EC6404 LINEAR INTEGRATED CIRCUITS Syllabus free download
Anna University ECE LIC Syllabus Regulation 2013
EC6404 Syllabus, LIC Unit wise Syllabus – ECE 4th Semester