EC6405 CSE Syllabus
Anna University Regulation 2013 Electronic Communications Engineering (ECE) EC6405 CSE Important Questions for all 5 units are provided below. Download link for ECE 4th SEM EC6405 CONTROL SYSTEM ENGINEERING Answer Key is listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
Anna University Regulation 2013
Electronic Communications Engineering (ECE)
4th SEM EC6405 CSE-CONTROL SYSTEM ENGINEERING Syllabus
EC6405 CONTROL SYSTEM ENGINEERING L T P C 3 0 0 3
- To introduce the elements of control system and their modeling using various Techniques.
- To introduce methods for analyzing the time response, the frequency response and the stability
- To introduce the state variable analysis method
UNIT I CONTROL SYSTEM MODELING 9
Basic Elements of Control System – Open loop and Closed loop systems – Differential equation – Transfer function, Modeling of Electric systems, Translational and rotational mechanical systems – Block diagram reduction Techniques – Signal flow graph
Time response analysis – First Order Systems – Impulse and Step Response analysis of second order systems – Steady state errors – P, PI, PD and PID Compensation, Analysis using MATLAB
UNIT III FREQUENCY RESPONSE ANALYSIS 9
Frequency Response – Bode Plot, Polar Plot, Nyquist Plot – Frequency Domain specifications from the plots – Constant M and N Circles – Nichol‟s Chart – Use of Nichol‟s Chart in Control System Analysis. Series, Parallel, series-parallel Compensators – Lead, Lag, and Lead Lag Compensators, Analysis using MATLAB.
UNIT IV STABILITY ANALYSIS 9
Stability, Routh-Hurwitz Criterion, Root Locus Technique, Construction of Root Locus, Stability, Dominant Poles, Application of Root Locus Diagram – Nyquist Stability Criterion – Relative Stability, Analysis using MATLAB
UNIT V STATE VARIABLE ANALYSIS 9
State space representation of Continuous Time systems – State equations – Transfer function from State Variable Representation – Solutions of the state equations – Concepts of Controllability and Observability – State space representation for Discrete time systems. Sampled Data control systems – Sampling Theorem – Sampler & Hold – Open loop & Closed loop sampled data systems.
TOTAL: 45 PERIODS
Upon completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Perform time domain and frequency domain analysis of control systems required for stability analysis.
- Design the compensation technique that can be used to stabilize control systems.
1. J.Nagrath and M.Gopal, “Control System Engineering”, New Age International Publishers, 5th Edition, 2007.
- Benjamin.C.Kuo, “Automatic control systems”, Prentice Hall of India, 7th Edition,1995.
- M.Gopal, “Control System – Principles and Design”, Tata McGraw Hill, 2nd Edition, 2002.
- Schaum‟s Outline Series, “Feed back and Control Systems” Tata Mc Graw-Hill, 2007.
- John J.D‟Azzo & Constantine H.Houpis, “Linear Control System Analysis and Design‟”, Tata Mc
Graw-Hill, Inc., 1995.
- Richard C. Dorf and Robert H. Bishop, “Modern Control Systems”, Addison – Wesley, 1999.
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For EC6405 CSE Previous Year Question Papers – Click here
For EC6405 CSE Question Bank/2marks 16marks with answers – Click here
For EC6405 CSE Important Questions/Answer Key – Click here
For EC6405 CSE Lecture Notes – Click here
Anna University 4th SEM ECE CSE Syllabus
EC6405 CONTROL SYSTEM ENGINEERING Syllabus free download
Anna University ECE CSE Syllabus Regulation 2013
EC6405 Syllabus, CSE Unit wise Syllabus – ECE 4th Semester