EC6501 DC Notes
Anna University Regulation 2013 Electronic Communications Engineering (ECE) EC6501 DC Notes for all 5 units are provided below. Download link for ECE 5th SEM EC6501 DIGITAL COMMUNICATION Lecture Notes are listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
EC6501 – DIGITAL COMMUNICATION
The Modulator converts the input bit stream into an electrical waveform suitable for transmission over the communication channel. Modulator can be effectively used to minimize the effects of channel noise, to match the frequency spectrum of transmitted signal with channel characteristics, to provide the capability to multiplex many signals.
The extraction of the message from the information bearing waveform produced by the modulation is accomplished by the demodulator. The output of the demodulator is bit stream. The important parameter is the method of demodulation.
The Channel provides the electrical connection between the source and destination. The different channels are: Pair of wires, Coaxial cable, Optical fibre, Radio channel, Satellite channel or combination of any of these.
The communication channels have only finite Bandwidth, non-ideal frequency response, the signal often suffers amplitude and phase distortion as it travels over the channel. Also, the signal power decreases due to the attenuation of the channel. The signal is corrupted by unwanted, unpredictable electrical signals referred to as noise.
The important parameters of the channel are Signal to Noise power Ratio (SNR), usable bandwidth, amplitude and phase response and the statistical properties of noise.
Advantages of Digital Communication
1. The effect of distortion, noise and interference is less in a digital communication system. This is because the disturbance must be large enough to change the pulse from one state to the other.
2. Regenerative repeaters can be used at fixed distance along the link, to identify and regenerate a pulse before it is degraded to an ambiguous state.
3. Digital circuits are more reliable and cheaper compared to analog circuits.
4. The Hardware implementation is more flexible than analog hardware because of the use of microprocessors, VLSI chips etc.
5. Signal processing functions like encryption, compression can be employed to maintain the secrecy of the information.
EC6501 DC All Unit notes – Download Here
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For EC6501 DC Previous Year Question Papers – Click here
For EC6501 DC Question Bank/2marks 16marks with answers – Click here
For EC6501 DC Important Questions/Answer Key – Click here
Anna University 5th SEM ECE DC Lecture Notes
EC6501 DIGITAL COMMUNICATION Notes free download
Anna University ECE DC Notes Regulation 2013
EC6501 Notes, DC Unit wise Lecture Notes – ECE 5th Semester