EC6501 DC Syllabus
Anna University Regulation 2013 Electronic Communications Engineering (ECE) EC6501 DC Important Questions for all 5 units are provided below. Download link for ECE 5th SEM EC6501 DIGITAL COMMUNICATION Answer Key is listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
Anna University Regulation 2013 Electronic Communications Engineering (ECE)
5th SEM EC6501 DC-DIGITAL COMMUNICATION Syllabus
EC6501 DIGITAL COMMUNICATION L T P C 3 0 0 3
- x To know the principles of sampling & quantization
- x To study the various waveform coding schemes
- x To learn the various baseband transmission schemes
- x To understand the various Band pass signaling schemes
- x To know the fundamentals of channel coding
UNIT I SAMPLING & QUANTIZATION 9
Low pass sampling – Aliasing- Signal Reconstruction-Quantization – Uniform & non-uniform quantization – quantization noise – Logarithmic Companding of speech signal- PCM – TDM
UNIT II WAVEFORM CODING 9
Prediction filtering and DPCM – Delta Modulation – ADPCM & ADM principles-Linear Predictive Coding
UNIT III BASEBAND TRANSMISSION 9
Properties of Line codes- Power Spectral Density of Unipolar / Polar RZ & NRZ – Bipolar NRZ – Manchester- ISI – Nyquist criterion for distortionless transmission – Pulse shaping – Correlative coding – Mary schemes – Eye pattern – Equalization
UNIT IV DIGITAL MODULATION SCHEME 9
Geometric Representation of signals – Generation, detection, PSD & BER of Coherent BPSK, BFSK & QPSK – QAM – Carrier Synchronization – structure of Non-coherent Receivers – Principle of DPSK.
UNIT V ERROR CONTROL CODING 9
Channel coding theorem – Linear Block codes – Hamming codes – Cyclic codes – Convolutional codes – Vitterbi Decoder
TOTAL: 45 PERIODS
Upon completion of the course, students will be able to x Design PCM systems x Design and implement base band transmission schemes x Design and implement band pass signaling schemes x Analyze the spectral characteristics of band pass signaling schemes and their noise performance x Design error control coding schemes
1. S. Haykin, “Digital Communications”, John Wiley, 2005
1. B. Sklar, “Digital Communication Fundamentals and Applications”, 2nd Edition, Pearson Education, 2009
2. B.P.Lathi, “Modern Digital and Analog Communication Systems” 3rd Edition, Oxford University Press 2007.
3. H P Hsu, Schaum Outline Series – “Analog and Digital Communications”, TMH 2006 4. J.G Proakis, “Digital Communication”, 4th Edition, Tata Mc Graw Hill Company, 2001.
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For EC6501 DC Previous Year Question Papers – Click here
For EC6501 DC Question Bank/2marks 16marks with answers – Click here
For EC6501 DC Important Questions/Answer Key – Click here
For EC6501 DC Lecture Notes – Click here
Anna University 5th SEM ECE DC Syllabus
EC6501 DIGITAL COMMUNICATION Syllabus free download
Anna University ECE DC Syllabus Regulation 2013
EC6501 Syllabus, DC Unit wise Syllabus – ECE 5th Semester